ca125.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just been to get some bloods done and she said ca125 was one of them, i am freaking out now.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Please don't be 😊😊can I ask why you're having bloods done and ca 125,been re high all this and worried for nothing xxx
    • Posted

Had my bloods done a few weeks ago and my FSH and LH were raised and also part of my liver function test was raised so he said to get them repeated. Been having irregular periods for a year, weight gain and now getting pains/aches in my left ovary area. The nurse told me what i was getting tested and it was ca125 but she said don't worry about that, calcium, inflammation and liver bloods again.
  • Posted

Dianne, no need to worry. My doc ordered one for me as well due to ovarian cysts. Mine came back elevated and an MRI revealed a possible malignant cyst. I went into a panic attack, and had severe anxiety and depression that followed. Surgery was scheduled and it turns out the cyst was endometriosis and no cancer was present. Endo and lots of harmless things can elevate the CA125 so dont worry. This test is becoming a normal test for us over 40it seems. Hope this helps you.
  • Posted

Dear Dianne

I had yearly ovarian scans which included ca125 testing, due to family history i had this done. One time it was elevated and i was sent a letter to tell me this, i did nothing but worry! Thankfully the next time it had gone down. Alot of things can cause it to be raised x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.