caffine caused my anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so it may sound weird but i feel that this may have brougth me to my anxiety. I am 23 years old and i have been drinking coffe since i can remember. i work as a medical asistant and i work long days so coffee/ energy drinks were my go to .. i social drink on weekends dont smoke cigaretts. but my caffine intake was bad i would have atlease 3-5 large cups of coffee a day (starbucks with extra shots) were at least 2 of those per day. one day i was closing the office and thats when it hit me i had my normal amounts of coffee that day from 630am intill 5pm i was going to the gym after work and took a 5hr energy not even 10 min after that i immideatly felt my pulse spike felt as if i would pass out and i got so scared that i would be left at the office with no help at all .. at first i thought i body couldnt matabilize everthing that day when i got home finnnaly. i went for a walk to regulate my pulse and breathing..the next few days i felt fine than i had a morning cup of coffe then another when i got to the office and thats when i went to the er cause the attack was so bad i was told it was from the stimulants (coffee ect) i cut all that cold turkey the next day. i went through the worse caffine with drawls for a few weeks i was on bp meds because it spiked my bp and i was on ad's but my body could not tolerate these i felt sick all the time on them. it has been 4 months now and my attacks have died down i still get them here and there.. i have picked up rescue remedy drops and when i feel a attack come i take that and it helps alot .. i figured i would share my issue with anxiety hope it helps sorry for misspelling of words and or grammar im at work trying to type quickly

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for this!! I think my anxiety has been caused by caffeine and alcohol, I have always been a fairly nervous person, but about 7 months ago I think I got spiked on a night out, and since then I've had seriously bad depersonalisation and de realisation sad, I've cut out caffeine and alcohol now (as hard as it it, being 21, and those are very sociable things to drink really aren't they! Ahha) do you think anything else can make anxiety worse? Like chocolate?

I've cut out all the bad things, started citalopram, and started exercising, but still have such bad anxiety sad

• Posted

i know its the worse i keep the alcohol to a min. but all my buddys want to go out alot so i end up being dd lol ..and honestly i cut all sodas candys sugars ect just recently ill have chocalate here and there and dont get any issues with it..and i was on citalipram it sucked made me feel down and so and sertaline and  propanoral so every ad med i tried has made me feel worse.. i was at the gym 5 days a week weight lifting before all this and since it happend i lost 45-50 lbs probably muscle weight.. i started doing alot more cardio in place of weights and i feel great after a run.. i just feel with utting out all the bad and getting healther the anxiety disapates..keep up the health life style try to keep your mind on other things.. you should try rescue remedy drops you can get it at a vitamin shop. work well for me
    • Posted

Yeahhhh, last month I was really unhealthy, going out all the time, drinking loads, and my anxiety was through the roof. Trying to be a lot more healthy now and started the medication, tbf I don't really feel much different, haven't had many side effects yet, I think this is my 6th day, I hope it helps the depersonalisation sad so do you still have anxiety then? But meds aren't working?? I've had anxiety for 7 months now and didn't wanna take meds but got to that point where I had to try something different x
    • Posted

your anxiety may be caused from certain drinks i noticed if i had alot of mixed drinks it made it bad ..do you have a certain drink ?? i currently do have anxiety it comes it goes mainly at work tho i did find out my office closes in june so that adds stress on top of everything rolleyes .. all medications i have tried have had negitive side effects so i stop them being in the medical field i know what to watch out for. i have been off all medications for going on a month now and the attacks i had if i get them are verry minimal the main thing i am dealing with is feeling off and dizzy at times and the ussual chest pain and sob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.