California cocktail (mirtazapine+venlafaxine),+quetiapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please can someone tell me, how long does it take for California cocktail combo of mirtazapine and venlafaxine to actually show results..? my 75 year old father has been on mirtazapine, for the past month, quetiapine added for past 2 weeks, and finally venlafaxine since the past 5 days. We cannot see any improvement in his anxiety and his mind is constantly focussed on negative thoughts and regrets, with inadvertent, intermittent blurting of sighs or swears all day long. He has been suffering with this for the past 3 months and has been on citalopram previously which caused his sodium levels to drop,hence that was discontinued..

Please can anyone tell me of their experience with this combo of mirtazapine and venlafaxine? Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi their, I take Mirt 45mg and even 375mg... it took mine a good few months to lift my mood. although helped me sleep right away as they knocked me out. I was in a very dark place with depression and I must admit the side effects from the meds for the first 3 months was horrible but once they started working its was worth it. they only helped my anxiety after about 6 months if I'm honest. it's a long game I'm afraid. theirs no quick fix. I hope you father shows improvement soon.](https://)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.