calm down random anxious thoughts ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can be sitting here or putting a film.on whatever next minute I have a anxious thought whether it's about my weight about Dizzy Ness breathing ect ect .

I also panic about other things besides health but this health worry is the worst it not like the thoughts I used to get where I could just think about something else or tell myself to stop been silly it's full blown anxious thoughts with that shock kinda scared feeling and then follows the anxious thought either your dieing or going to die .

I don't even like writing the words ^^ It's so hard to describe doing cbt I know inside outs of anxiety now I just can't grip the thoughts it's like my mind has a mind of its own if that makes sense ...

I had a dream I was about to committe suicide last night and also was stressing In my dream about stupid little things and that also has paid a whole lot into today cause I keep getting random bouts of the horrible excited feeling the feeling you get when your going down a roller cost er or startled I feel completely crazy with these thoughts they are not leaving I feel hopeless at the minute

1 like, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

I'm feeling the same are you on any meds
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm totally with you on the fine one minute then random horrible thoughts the next. I'm suffering health anxiety at the minute and waiting for CBT. Had it bad about 5 years ago but we got to the cause of it and I ok was able to manage it.

Now about 75-80% of my day is spent having thoughts I'm going to die of some illness. I'm 34 but my body feels like I'm in my 70s

I keep trying to rationalise with my thoughts. Is this something you can do? Did you say you'd had CBT before? Maybe you'd benefit from having further CBT or counselling?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Lynne, I'm exactly the same as you! Same age also! I've never had health anxiety before but started 10 months ago, now I'm dizzy every day, stiff neck muscles, headaches and general unwell feeling. Convinced I've a brain tumour.

Cbt has helped massively but still have the thoughts.

Anxiety sure is powerful.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Have you managed to get to the trigger for your anxiety in CBT? Thats what helped me. Mine was a trip to the gp as a new mum with a 6 month old baby whose glands were up and always had a cold. The locum said I just need a 2nd opinion as could be cancer. It wasnt and they admitted he was out of order saying that but I became obsessed she was seriously ill and then the ocd was about me being ill. I had a lot of other stresses too at the time which I managed to deal with and for nearly 5 years Ive been fine.

Now I'm so achey and seem to be ill so worrying its serious - dizziness, nausea, headaches, diarrhea, etc I'm currently doing the 30 day shred which is painful. The rational part of my brain says thats what's causing the pain but this little part called anxiety is saying I'm really ill. I just want to feel normal again. I'm sorry you're going through the same

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I can completey understand your trigger, it's horrible when you start imagining all sorts of things that it could have been. You sound really strong to be able to manage it! Well done you.

I've always known the trigger, I had surgery in march 2014 and as the anstetic started to wear off I had awful headaches, at first I thought it was a hemorrhage and as time went on it progressed into thinking it was a tumour.

It was just caused by the stress and worry of going through surgery. I realised I had so much to loose and I wasnt ready to die.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I'm still doing cbt I can't find the cause of it tried to get to it but iv had anxiety on and off for years and I'm now 22 I can remeber my dad always saying your gonna die with every symtoms I had he was a alcoholic so I guess that must of played a big part I also feel the same like im a oap but I'm not I have two small children too I feel like everything is against me to be the mum I could and should be and I'm scared there going to pick up on mummy feels ill all the time and think there ill all the time too it's awful I don't find cbt working for me she did mention maybe I need a councillor because of the way my dad was ect
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Steph, maybe a counsellor would help. I had CBT last time for about 6 months and only towards the end did I find it helped. I found the psychologist I spoke to so lovely and I opened up to her. She got me to go back as far as I could remember and write down significant things in my life like parents divorcing, relationships ending, children born, starting work, etc and we discussed how they'd impacted on me. Turned out I'd taken a lot on board and not dealt with it. I'd locked it away in my head and now my head was saying I can't cope and it manifested in anxiety

She taught me how to say no and to deal with lots of my concerns and issues. With the stresses gone I could focus on the anxiety.

Maybe you have taken stuff on with your dads issues and dont realise.I was in tears when she opened up things from my past that I didn't realise were effecting me.

I have three young children and also worry theyll pick up on my worries. Its horrible isnt it x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Keep going with the CBT hun. I know it doesnt work for everyone though. Have you discussed your operation in depth with your therapist? I can see where your trigger has come from. You're a lot stronger than you think you are, you just need to sort this thing called anxiety out (so do I) - we can do it smile
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you I don't know how to go about a councilor as she did not mention how do you know if I have to mention it to my doxtor or something and we opened up on the first session but she isn't really to into me opening up as much as I hoped and I guess that's why she said I need one you sound so much like me it's so weird we are all the same x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Can you search for local counselling services in your area. Where I am its a service called Let's talk, nhs funded. Theyre really good, thr first meeting is an assessment to see what service you need.they told me two weeks ago my concern was worry not health anxiety but I got worse so rang them last week and now I'm just waiting for a time this week to start CBT. Good luck
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lynne ive just self referred myself could you let me know how it goes I was diagnosed with GAD social and health anxiety really suffering at the minute have been for 9 months now can't seem to shift it thanks
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up