Calming down

Posted , 6 users are following.

My anxietys been out of control for weeks now. Can anyone give me any tips on how to calm down? Today is so bad. I can't handle this.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hey, I've had health anxity for the good part of two months now, so you could do what I do, get your phone and headphones get your fav song on and go a walk
  • Posted

Hey,have you tried headspace? I found it great in helping me calm down,also maybe calming music whilst lieing down helps with me as it gives me something to focus on whilst taking soft deep breaths.i hope this helps xxx
  • Posted

Hi, s l o w deep breaths in a quiet or nature environment helps me, as well as distracting myself with things i enjoy or busyness. Bake some cookies, turn on music you like, snuggle into a very soft cashmere feeling blanket, take a warm shower, taking a nice walk, stay away from caffeine, and do things that make you happy. Stay away from those who trigger anxiety such as a parent, helped me. Going into nature and around animals, such as a zoo, or learning new things or activities..helps me very much. Also supplementing with magnesium glycinate and B Hope things get easier for you.

• Posted

Hi, Lauren. I've been on Mirtazapine, maximum dose of 45 mg, for a long time but tomorrow I'm starting with Mindfulness. My niece is a GP and she had anxiety issues at the same time as me, but she is now off meds and has used Mindfulness. Can you try that? can you access it on the net, or speak to your GP? Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Lauren. You've had some great advice for things to try already. I know how you feel - when my anxiety was out of control, nothing would really calm me down! It's hard to focus on anything other than whatever it is you're worrying about. Are you on any medication? Doctor put me on 10mg citalopram. I found it the only thing to take the edge off enough that I can now focus on some of the other things mentioned above (yoga/breathing exercises/nature/exercise etc.) which are all important too, but I just found I needed some help getting to the point where I could physically do them! It's made a massive difference to my life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.