Can anxiety qnd depression make you think you don’t love somebody

Posted , 6 users are following.

As I'm writing this. I am shaking

I have always been a depressive person.

I had an abusive partner which consumed me, I broke up with him anyways, I met a guy no I knew him for a long time but GOD met us. He is perfect we started dating.I fell in love and I still love him he is perfect, caring everything I ever wanted became mine, he loves me he treats me right. Okay so before we started dating I had a car accident with my sister, and my sister suffers from anxiety but at least she knows how to manage it. I was always that strong girl who doesnt talk about her feelings because theyre stupid,(you have to be strong) after the accident I had these obsessive thoughts of suicide, but I DIDN'T wanna do it. I was just scared I'd come to that point where I actually want to do it.I could'nt cry I couldnt feel anything. I came back to my hometown as soon as I saw my mother I started crying so much and I was relieved. It took me about 2 months to get better It got better by itself. Then after that I started thinking where did those thoughts come from ? How did I manage it ? How is it ppssible to think something like that? How could I think like that? Anyways this made me depressed, I had my amazing boyfriend on my shoulders who is always there to support me. Then on my birthday we got engaged I was happy.. we're getting married now I mean that's everything I ever wanted and WANT! But the thoughts" What If i don't love him(even though I know I do),What if i ruin his life? What am I doing? These thoughts just keep getting bigger and bigger and making me believe something that is not real at all.I know I love him the most! I BELIEVE I'll get better. But I'm always scared of myself, of my thoughts. Im scared I'll mess everything up and then regret it all! I mean why do I HAVE THESE THINGs my life's perfect I have everything I EVER WANTED and feel this way! I'm numb. Thank you If someone has ever felt this way please reply and tell me that It's nothing and It will get better.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi ade05822

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hey, unfortunately I don't experience this but my boyfriend experiences similar emotions. This urged me to do some research online and it is normal. When you are depressed, your brain may formulate ideas that your heart don't deem as true. I have nothing else to say but that everything is all right. Inside your heart you love him, and my boyfriend used to question himself like you did. God bless.

• Posted

You can try to redirect your focus to other area like taking up a hobby etc or are you able to tell your bf about what is on your mind? It will be good if you can tell him what is bothering you.

• Posted

If you have not seen a doctor I suggest you see one or better yet a Psychologist. He/she is the one that can

answer those questions. I have suffered with the same and taking medication, doing good. God Bless.

• Posted

if you're not totally happy with him, he's not totally foe you.make sure you feel happy if he wants to marry you. you need to feel confident. good luck, hope you sort it.

• Posted

ade05822 - feelings are not "stupid." They are an indicator of how you are and can save our lives. What injuries did you sustain in the accident - head injury perhaps? If not, you may still be suffering from the shock of the event. See your doc and get a referral. Investigate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.