Can anxiety really make me feel like i may be dying?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have recently been told by the doctors that i may be suffering with health anxiety but im sure something is really wrong with me.

I have been told that my health is okay despite the fact that i keep getting really bad pains in my chest.

Is this nomral for aniexty or should i be worried?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey you have come to the right place hopefully some of the stories on here will help you come to term with your health anxiety.

I have had depression for 16 years only started with anxiety 3 months ago, I thought I was dying I was sure of it did not matter what doctors told me I didnt believe them. I went to a and e twice thinking I was having a heart attack it was like a tight heavy feeling on my chest hard to breath and pain in my back inbetween my shoulders blades, Ive had bloods and ecg done blood pressure and temp everything came back ok.

Because anxiety has hundreds of systoms I also had stomach pains, Ive had a camera down my throat and CT scan all ok.

It wasnt until I came onto this forum and heard other peoples stories that I accepted I had anxiety and I wasnt alone

Meds therapy exercise are the best routes to go down

Stay strong

• Posted

Yes i have chest pains to its anxiety and its like everything freaks me out now that i have anxiety 😞😞 if i see myself blinking then i freak out about that just normal stuff freaks me out now i hate anxiety
    • Posted

It is nasty as I said Ive had depression for 16 years Ive been hospitaliesed with it a coulple of times but on the whole I managed to hold down a job keep a roof over my head and have a half descent existance, but with anxiety I had to resign from work as I cannot function dizziness and nausea is other symptoms I get.I am in the process of changing meds they think the one Ive been on for 6 years has stopped working, so I have to slowly wean of one AD and onto another, I am only on day 6 and Im really struggling but I have to power through coz I want my life backbiggrin
    • Posted

Yes its crazy how your anxiety plays all these tricks with your mind and it kind of makes you go crazy and think crazy stuff i think i have OCD to because im always worried about blinking and constantly worried about my breathing as well its crazy
  • Posted

When u have anxiety it can mske u feel as if ur going to die but try not worry take deep breaths andvtry stsy positive

Easier said than done but just take it easy

• Posted

When I first got anxiety, the chest pains were the hardest thing to deal with. i think it's just anxiety, especially if your doctors say your fine. i know it can be hard to accept, but your doctors are trained professionals and you need to trust them with this.

have you thought about therapy?

• Posted

Hi yes we all sufferers health anxiety here. Chest pains and heart palps AL part and parcel unfortunately, but once we focus and accept in time they get better and may disappear . read wat you can to reassure and help you. This site is great support for us all. Take care
  • Posted

The chest pains will be you being anxious, there is an app on google store called, stop anxiety and panic i use this with headphones when i hsve a bad panic attack ot feel horrible i just sit there anf feel the tension the more you feel it out the better you become witj abxiousness abd panic. I suffered for a year now with anxiety struggle to get out the door but ave always had it for years but never let it get me down and hoping one day it will stop abd i can functon normally again. Next time your chest hurts just liw down and try to feel it out you will become less scared and it will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.