Can anyone confirm to me this is the Depression?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thank you for taking your time to read my post. 

I really want to hear your opinion, based on my symptoms whether this could be something else or simply Depression, as my doctor keeps telling me. Before I tell you my symptoms, I've had CRS (Chronic Rhinitis/sinitis) condition for roughly 7 years, and these symptoms started/snowballed ever since I got this condition. So, I always think that my sinus problem has STRONG connection to this issue. However, my doc just tells me that it is Depression. I never had any bad event that happened to me that would cause me depression. 

symptoms: 

-Brain Fog

-Visual disturbances ( trailing vision?, visual snow)

-short term memory loss

-hard to think/ lowered IQ?/ Hard to concentrate

-Emotionally Numb  << is that depression?

-head pressures

- some head aches 

-some vertigo 

-fatigue

Could it be that my CRS brought on Depression over all these years and now I am going through CRS and Depression together? I wish to hear your opinion. Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, these can all be symptoms of depression and/or anxiety.

Depression can affect anyone, you don't need a reason or any bad events. And actually, having a long term health condition would be considered a trigger for depression.

As with any vague symptoms, there can be many causes. Drs are very good at jumping to an easy conclusion and handing out a prescription. If you genuinely believe you are not depressed then explore all other possible causes. Thyroid / vitamin or mineral deficiency / drug interactions could all cause these symptoms. But feeling emotionally numb is a bit of a give away...

I hope you get some answers one way or another and can get help.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I agree with Lucy that this does sound very like depression.  Head aches,  fatigue and emotionally numb especially.   It is also very common to suffer from bad memory and inability to concentrate. 

There are online depression tests you can do so have a google and these might give you a guide.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up