Can anyone else relate?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey ive posted on here before, and have had been given great advice and input so im asking for another time tooo smile

Anyways, im extremely worried about my chest like way too much especially considering ive had a few ekgs done, chest xrays, blood work ect and all come back good. I get pains in my chest sometimes, real quick ones, and i have no clue why. recently i found out i have a bad pinched nerve in my neck, and my sciatic nerve is inflammed so maybe thats why but i cant help but think otherwise. Anyone else have random chest pains? At times im convinced im going to just die. Probably being over dramatic but still. Recently too my throat has felt swollen and there always feels like theres a lump in there. I was told this is just anxiety but to always feel it? I just dont know anymore. Any response would be amazing!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I get chest discomfort all the time.  I've been to dr's and the ER.  They say it's not my heart or lungs.  I figure if it kills me I'll be too dead to worry about that..  I'm so depressed anyway I don't worry anymore.  I just ignore it at this point since nothing's been found on the heart and lung tests.
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. It deff made me feel better. Laugh to on your ill be to dead to worry comment. Ill try to take your advice and not worry. i have gotten better. I used to really panic but all this does hold me back and im tired of it. I just wanna be my normal self again.
  • Posted

I get chest pains too. All the time. Quick, stabbing and sharp. Some days worse than others but nonetheless worrisome. Same with the lump in my throat. It's so annoying but I keep rationalizing with myself that I know it's anxiety amd try to do things to occupy my mind. If I can get myself busy so I'm not thinking about it all the time it interestingly goes away...that is until I remember it's gone. Frustrating! Hang in there friend!

Teresa

• Posted

Thank you also! I deff appreciate the comments. It is very frustrating, and lol i am the same way as soon as i realize its gone, its back. I do try to occupy myself as best as i can. I have a seventh month old son so i am constantly busy. Ill deff take any advice and use it to the best of my ability. Just need to get rid of the negative thoughts.
  • Posted

I can completely relate i have also had ecgs chest xrays and blood work due to chest pains all came back clear and i also have nerve problems in my back so im starting to think theres a pattern here lol but i too know how easy it is to let our minds run away with us.
    • Posted

Yeah, maybe its just all related. I know you can mess up your neck, and have problems with your arms and hands. (Especially your right) your nerves are all connected. (Least i believe so anyways lol)
  • Posted

Hi ShannonLee

the chest pains will your chest muscles contracting,when we are anxious or afraid adrenaline pumps around our bodies makeing feel as if our hearts are beating faster, this feeling is normal it's the same feeling we get when we are excited, but what happens is we become afraid of the feeling and we tense up causing our muscles to contract, then we get a chest pain, and when we get a chest pain we think oh no something is seriously wrong with me, which causes more adrenaline to pump around our bodies,which causes a vicious circle. Anyway I hope you start to feel better soon.

• Posted

Yeah that might be what it is because i know i always feel as if my heart is beating so fast but when i put my hand to it its not. And thank you, i appreciate it i hope i do tooo.
    • Posted

I just thought about it, and i do wanna add that the chest pains will come and go randomly. Like earlier when i was just drinking water. Lately they have been felt underneath my left breast and on the side of my right one. i do get acid reflux sometimes and that will cause the middle too hurt but thats deff very different from the other times i mentioned.
  • Posted

Hi ShannonLee

the chest pains will your chest muscles contracting,when we are anxious or afraid adrenaline pumps around our bodies makeing feel as if our hearts are beating faster, this feeling is normal it's the same feeling we get when we are excited, but what happens is we become afraid of the feeling and we tense up causing our muscles to contract, then we get a chest pain, and when we get a chest pain we think oh no something is seriously wrong with me, which causes more adrenaline to pump around our bodies,which causes a vicious circle. Anyway I hope you start to feel better soon. Also the lump/swelling in your throat will be your muscles contracting as you tense up.

• Posted

I went to the hospital tonight because I felt chest pains nfelt like I couldn't breathe and my heart was racing. Of course its like the 99th time I've been to the hospital for the same thing n I was told it was anxiety. Annyway, luckily my dad came and he helped calm me down just talking about how I'm feeling and telling me to just breathe and relax which made me feel better n since there was too many people in the ER n I figured again they would say its just anxiety so I left. But since I found out I had bi-lateral pulmonary embolisms with the right lung totally ecluded with an infarction in it, I just can't stop thinking even though they said the clots are gone, that something is wrong n I'm gonna die so that makes me panic have heart palpitations n feel like I can't breathe but the doctors say nothing is wrong....I just want to be normal again, any little ache or pain makes me feel that this is the end, and I don't want to feel like that anymore....
    • Posted

Im so sorry to hear you have had that. I would be scared myself, its understandable. and yeah, i went to the er once and left to cause ive been there before twice and was told it was nothing but anxiety myself. I went tho two weekends ago had ekg 2 chest xrays done, and everything but still afraid somethings wrong when i experience any chest pain. I am trying to worry less since that deff makes it worse. I read a few articles on how to improve anxiety tonight (i just googled it) and some was real good. Maybe try that.
  • Posted

Sounds like acute muscle tension caused by continuous anxiety. This isn't harmful in the long term. It's reknown for causing shooting/stabbing pains that come and go.

I suggest working on your posture and do doorway stretches (where you stretch your chest using your arms) several times a day. Adrenaline and cortisol cause every muscle to tense up. The chest is the core so absorbs most of the tension quite unknowingly. 

Ultimately, the symptom is a byproduct of anxiety. When the anxiety calms so do the symptoms - including chest pains.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.