Can anyone enlighten me about Diverticulitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a pulp removed it was what they call min diverticulitis, l go back to get the results of lab test on the 29th. I just finished my anti biotic for the last week of flare up. But my problem is none of that really. If I bend or streach or try to lift something a little heavy I can't because the pressure and pain either on left side or middle of tummy is to much, I get my trousers on but need my other half to get them off for me as bending that far down hurts, I even had to get a shop assistant to carry my shopping basket became I could no longer lift it, I thought I'll be OK to lift my 15 month grand daughter into her cot until we both fell in it!

Now I seem to have awful lower back pain my doctor is trying to get me into a scan appointment before I see the consultant is this normal??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Everyone is different. I get lower left sided pain most days it can hurt when I bend but doesn't sound as bad has yours. I hope you get an appointment soon so you can find out what is going on. Sorry I can't be more help

• Posted

A polyp and diver are two different things. I had pain and tenderness in the middle, very low and lasted several weeks. If you actually have diverticulitis rest is very important in recovery. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

I too got really bad pain when bending, stretching and lifting, after my flare last August.  My tummy was so tender that for a month I could not even wear trousers, just elasticated skirts.  But the pain slowly eased over about 6 weeks.  I still get sharp reminders from time to time. 

I do get bad lower back pain, for a different reason than diverticular disease and see an osteopath regularly.  However the pain was much worse after the flare.  My osteopath told me this was a knock on effect of all the muscle tension in the abdomen area after the flare, affecting the back, pelvis and thighs.  She used gentle massage to relax the muscles, and advised heat, suitable pain relief, rest and gentle exercise.  Of course getting a scan is the most important thing to rule out anything else.  Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.