Can anyone explain

Posted , 4 users are following.

why is my anxiety, depression and other side effects so horrible in the morning and throughout the day but it settles down at night?

Laurie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's common and called Diurnal Variation Depression. It's because in the morning you know you have a full day ahead of you and at night the day is almost done. I feel almost normal by midnight. In the morning I feel suicidal. I even called a suicide Prevention hotline on Friday. It really sucks having these thoughts and sometimes I just want to curl up and die.

• Posted

dont think it ever goes 100 percent but i think you learn how to handle it and even put it in the back of the mind,once you have been realy depressed i think it lingers for ever as that becomes your aspect of being or having a down day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.