Can anyone help?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just wondered if anyone could list a few of the symptoms that they go through with depression because I know I have anxiety and stress and I have it quite bad but some people have been telling me that I might also have depression but I'm not sure because I don't know the signs of it. Could anyone help?

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi charlee. Yes classic symptoms of depression are wanting to sleep a lot or not being able to either get to sleep at night or waking frequently. Crying spells, not enjoying things u did before &.maybe isolating yourself. Also changes in appetite, feeling sad or guilty about things. Suicidal thoughts also depending on person to person & severity of depression. Also low self esteem & feeling worthless too. Xxx

• Posted

This is so true, I am struggling with depression at the moment. And everything Amanda has put is correct. It's a very lonely place to be :-(

• Posted

Aww it can be. Xx finding this forum has made this bout a little easier with the help of all u guys xxx ;0) kp talking emma & charlee thts half the battle ??? xxx

• Posted

Hi Charlee - sorry to read of your situation. You are not alone. Everything Amanda has written applies. Also a sense of doom, impending drama, a grey cloud that hangs over you so that you find it difficult to focus and be positive about what your life is about and where it is going. Difficulty in making decisions, a fear that when faced with choices you will make the wrong one. Fortunately in this day and age, there could be answer for you. The first step is to make an appointment with your doctor to talk about how you are feeling. Medications might help you and/or a referral to a therapist/psychologist where you can dig down inside and understand why you feel this way, to recognise any triggers that might set off or deepen the condition, and learn coping skills to help you deal with this illness. You will feel better if you take action and know that you are certainly not alone and there is someone to talk to who understands. We are always here to listen as well. Best of luck to you.
  • Posted

Hi Charlee,

Sorry to hear this. The symptoms of any kind of depression can vary. You may often experience several of these signs if you suffer from depression: 

1. Sudden dull appearance

2. Irritability

3. Fatigue

4. Being guilt-ridden

5. Anxiety

6. Sleeplessness or Insomnia

7. Suicidal tendencies

You can find this following article useful: https://tiyo.in/healthview/can-depression-reason-behind-anger/

Be brave! You can get through this. smile

• Posted

I'll never forget when I first felt depression. I was 16 years old and I had been dumped by my puppylove girlfriend and needless to say, my world came crashing down as it would for any starry-eyed juvenile.

I remember that day I didn't have an appetite and didn't for awhile. Just wanted to be left alone and was content with laying in bed for hours on end, maybe the whole day. If I did eat, it was generally food that wasn't good for me but made me happy. The worst feeling of it all was the feeling that I would never be able to be happy again. When you're stuck in that bubble of negativity, it's hard to see things ever getting better. The cycle of pain continues. Seek help and don't isolate yourself. Socialize, exercise and realize that life is full of ups and downs. You learn the most when you are down.

These days I get depressed over more serious issues but it's a distinct moment in time that I'll never forget.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.