Can anyone help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all my name is jake and I live in Wales United Kingdom I have had anxiety for about 5 years when I was 19 I started taking citalopram 10ml the I was on 20ml after a few weeks I stopped taking them and I wasn't feeling better but I learnt to live with the feeling of being sick and a few times was sick from it now about 3 weeks ago its gotten put of control I fell light headed all day everyday bad heads every day behind my left eye and now the sick is back everything I go to my girlfriends house I'm back and forth the toilet and now I can't eat my food without feeling sick it's getting me down upset and tired I got the doctors tomorrow any advice would be brilliant xxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Find some foods that agree with you. Maybe a diet for people with allergies. Treat the symptoms. Take something for the headache pain. Try drinking mineral water for balance. If some of your problems let up eat a proper diet. Write down what you need to tell your doctor

• Posted

Hello Jake,

Just a quick one  while I give this some more thought. Two things immediately spring to mind - Meditation and/or cardio exercise like running. I say this because I was on Citalopram for 20 YEARS while at the same time being a long distance runner. I fractured my hip in January and had to stop running my depression became absolutely HORRENDOUS which led me to the conclusion that it had been my running all along that was controlling my depression and NOT  the Citalopram. Meditation has also helped enormously. and I agree with g.90572 diet is everything. Good Luck

• Posted

So I should take up some for of sport and diet would help me how should I go about doing them both speck to someone I'm not to sure I can feel myself slowly going back to the way I was when I first had it hiding away I don't want to go anymore backwards than I already have thanks for everything guys it's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling the way I do xx

• Posted

hello again Jake,

Running and or walking is free and it needs very little in the way of equipment. You live in a beautiful country so go and enjoy it. You can start slowly i.e. 1 mile for a week ( however often you can spare) and build it gradually from there.It is a combination of the fresh air and exercise that is most therapeutic to us so I prefer any activity that is OUTDOORS for maximum effect. Aim to get a bit sweaty and a little out of breath to experience maximum benefit.Long days like this are an ideal starting time. Take some water with you and off you go, just wear the right shoes.Dietary requirements are a personal thing some of us are gluten intolerant - worth looking at - so we have to eat accordingly. Basically fresh fruit, vegetables protein are the obvious choices and stay away from junk food and takeaways they can make you feel crap. The one thing I have found out this year and that is that my running was controlling my depression and NOT the Citalopram, I found this out the hard way when I fractured my hip and could not run at all, my depression was absolutely dreadful even though I was taking 20mg Citalopram daily. I emphasise that is MY experience but worth noting. As I said before this forum is your best friend use it we are all in it together. Good Luck

• Posted

Thank you very much I will try all these things you have said I hope you get well soon and keep in contact with me see if we can help each other out xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.