Can anyone identify?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had an ok day after about a month of severe health anxiety. "Thought" I felt a bit squeamish a wee while ago. Couldn't eat dinner. Had a little pain under right ribs. Then it started! What if.....the pain gets worse.....I have to go a and e...... I'm phobic about all things medical btw.........I need operation......they find it's terminal cancer........ I have my funeral planned....again!, how will my family cope without me....they are all adults by the way. Result?. Panic!  I HATE this damned thing!!!!! 

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How old are you ?

Have you told family ?

Have you got help ?

This is how I am one thought that can't be controlled and comes by its self leads to another it's frustrating and once that's there it's not going to go is it !

From one little pain on my finger tip and all he'll brakes lose with me hun .

Having pain under right rib especially after eating is totally a normal thing it can be gas or acid ect x

• Posted

Hi thanks for reply. Oh I.m well used to this unfortunately! I'm 66....old enough to know better! I'm sorry you suffer with this too.i just want a bit of peace! Yep family know but can't expect them to understand. That's why I'm here. People understand. Wish I had an answer. Hope you,re ok at mo. E.
    • Posted

That's really good your family know oh I so understand with expecting them to understand it's impossible isn't it I feel sorry for my family because I go on so much and nobody really can know unless they have it them self

That's a amazing age ! I can't see me getting there ...

How long have you had anxiety ?

• Posted

Good grief!!! You're making me feel ancient! Lol. Would you believe I've had health anxiety since I was 5 ??  Saw the school nurse and freaked! No idea why. Couldn't articulate it as HA of course but I did in early 20s. Saw every "psycho" going but still happens. It has been much worse but it has also been better than now. Its a pain!  I take you,re young? I hope whatever help you get is....well helping! 
  • Posted

Without any other symptoms it would seem you,re just not drinking enough! Read recently that a woman who weighs 12 stone should ideally drink 4and a half litres of water a day!!!! Adjust accordingly to your weight. Give it a try. You,ve nothing to lose! 
  • Posted

Haven't a clue what I'm doin! Posted to myself re urine! Sorry for confusion! 
    • Posted

It's fine i was on a urine question when you posted it so I got confused haha
    • Posted

I'm 22 iv had anxiety since I was around 5 too I can remeber so many times having to run out of the dinner hall having a panic attack I have I think every anxiety going but ha is now the far worst iv ever had !
  • Posted

hello

you sound just like me

i was diagnosed with depression and anxiety at the doctors last week and i have pains under my ribs too and am thinking the worst

i always think the worst. took me ages to go to the doctors but glad i did.

dont feel so alonr knowing there are others like me. thanks

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I can't /won't go to docs! It's irrational I know but I'm phobic about all things medical. If your taking meds now or perhaps a talking therapy good luck with that. I sincerely hope you,re on the way to recovery. It's not nice this malarkey! E.
    • Posted

it took me ages to go to the doctors because i was scared they were going to tell me i was seriously ill, i know that i am mentally ill, my brain is a bit sick, like any other part of the body. try and pluck up the courage to go to the doctors just to have a chat about how you feel, it really will help.

take care

• Posted

yes elizabeth I can.t go docs either    awful know how you feel its fear of illness and dying thats what I think it is  awful I know..    I was told I had a life threatening condition at 37 Had to have a operation and thats what set it all off, sky high bp at docs its fear, fear everything   fear all things medical you  lovely people on here you are all suffering from fear   take care
    • Posted

Oh Helen it's the craziest thing! Rationally I know docs won't "give" me anything! They are there to help but somehow I can't/won't accept that! I am one of the strongest people I know except when it comes to this area. I'm a coper......for everyone else. I wish I had answers! Not a lot can be worse than the anxiety of the imagination working overtime! 
    • Posted

like I said we are too sensitive Elizabeth    I am a coper as well I realjy have to be, but the docs, can do dentist no bother,  and pain aswell, its just this docs thing    My doc is lovely its fear of bad news I am sure of that   have   to face ours fears thats what the answer  

• Posted

What do you do then Helen? How do you manage? Can I ask what age you are? I'm 66 and had this problem all my life! I have 4 children and the only time I happily went to docs or hospital was when I was pregnant. 
    • Posted

I was 55 last week Elizabeth 4 children ,   one of which is only 9 he has bad ecezma so have to go to docs with him lots but for me if I get a uti I take garlic I cannot go to the docs anymore for myself ....even my bus route passes the hospital and I feel very uncomfortable its madness have you heard of Claire Weekes she has alot of books about anxiety very old from the 1970.s  they help abit facing fears....

• Posted

Oh Helen it seems you've written something inappropriate! Can you use private messages on this site? Try that. E.
    • Posted

Hi Helen hada really busy day then cldnt find your posts, my computer skills are not what they should be! I'm not ignoring you! Can you use private mail here? I've Sussed out how to. I will send you my mobile number . Feel free to use it but tx only please as I am profoundly deaf. Hope this is ok. Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.