can anyone out there help if you have had the same symptoms as me

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am on 30mg off mirtazapine for about a year. i have developed how i can only describe as though i have severe burning sensations when im trying to sit im in agony. please let me know if anybody is suffering from this as its making my life hell. thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Where are you having the burning sensations?
    • Posted

on my backside and when i lie down on my sides . burn and go very red.
    • Posted

Oh wow, that does sound very odd. It is not something that I have suffered from whilst on mirt. But mirt side effects are very numerous. I had loads, but none that were painful like you describe. Hasve you seen your GP about it? It sounds as though it is something affecting the nerves. It might be something serious, or it may be nothing, but I think you need to go and see your GP ASAP.
    • Posted

thanks for reply at the docs on friday, but they have never come across this problem. 
  • Posted

I have had this. I had it in withdrawal from Effexor, and I've had it while tapering off mirt.  When you think about the fact that these drugs work on nerve receptors, those are all over the body and in the skin.  80% of our serotonin is outside the brain!

I read one woman on the SA forum saying that taking a shower caused her skin to burn and light up like that.  The hot water was perceived in a very strong way.

Question is, why is this happening now?  Did you increase recently?  Decrease? Are there any other symptoms?

• Posted

thanks for your reply lm also on zopiclone so wondered if was interfering with the mirts. not taking anything else. but you have made me feel a lot better as i thought i was going mad. im back at the docs on friday as have asked to go onto something else and to come off the mirts. they have never come across this problem before. wish me luck.
  • Posted

Ironically, I'm having this effect right now! I'm on the couch with an upper respiratory bug and feeling the prickly heat.  From a website listing side effects:

If you do a web search for "druginformer mirtazapine burning" you will get a site that people have listed burning sensations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.