Can anyone please help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I have many health issues including spinal stenosis have recently been diagnosed with fybro (April) because of the stenosis I have had a number of days sick, but since the meds have been sorted I've been quite good with my attendance at work. 

I had the worst day ever on Tuesday and I gave in and called in sick....I hurt all over and was so exhausted, more than that.... I stayed in bed all day and slept, and surprisingly I slept most of the night...... 

I enjoy my job and the place I work for is nice and most of the people I work with are ok, I've asked if I could work from home one day a week in the past and haven't been allowed. I ask at every yearly appraisal. 

what I'm trying to ask is how the hell do I explain to my boss that I have fybro and really do need a day at home a week. How do I get them to understand and be supportive? 

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i hads the same problem and they dont understand so there not going to let you do that what i would do is speak to you gp and get a support letter and see what they say then if you still dont get anywhere then go on google and search for advice charities like the Citizens Advice Bureau and see if they can help you cause they helped me then i got to bad i was signed off and have not been able to work since 2002 and am unable to work i want to but cant so i sypithise with you try that and you could alwso show your boss a print out to read about fibro and how it affects people and see  if that helps so good luck and hope you get that sorted x
    • Posted

Morning Derek thank you for your comments. I have an appointment with the GP on Wednesday next week so perhaps will discuss with her then and I can do some research via citizens advice prior to the GP appt . Thing is I actually want to work I find it's a purpose to live and get out of bed. I work 5 days a week as a marketing manager and 6hrs on a Saturday as a receptionist so Saturday's are relaxing in comparison. 
  • Posted

Hi ShazKent...I'm in Australia..so I don't really know how things work in other countries...but if it was me, I would google some Fibro issues I have..print it out and give it o who ever it is the makes the decision...have a lovely..be blessed..-) xxx

PS. Stress is really bad for fbro..so try and be as stressless as possible...hard to do, but definitely achievable ..xxx

• Posted

Morning Christine   Thank you for you comments there are some good fybro related sites available so perhaps I'll have a look over the weekend and see what I can find,  thank you for your advise hope you have a bearable day xxx
  • Posted

HI shazkent70 I would see if your gp would print off for you an inforation sheet explaining all about fibro and also see if she would write a letter to your boss also explaining how it can affect you on a daily basis. you may have to pay for her to write the letter but if it helps you then its worth it. by law in england all employers have to make allowences for your condition, so that you are able to carry on doing your job. if they dont do this they are breaking the law.Most employers dont care dont want to know when their staff are ill. all they are bothered about is you  being in work and working. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.