Can anyone PLEASE tell me

Posted , 4 users are following.

How was sex after rectocele repair only? Does it tighten you up? This is all I REALLY want to know at this point lol please and thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The simple answer is that all repairs are different from the next. Depends on grade of prolapse in first place. How extensive the repair was and if vag was too loose prior due to traumatic birth, the prolapse, & just generally each persons build. Depends on if other repairs like perineum were done too. So what's it like for one is going to vary widely to the next. I do know that if you have A&P repair done together you can end up too tight, but that also depends on all the above, plus more factors.

• Posted

After having a 10 lb baby, I was very stretched out. After rectocele surgery I am tighter and grateful. Sex was much better.
  • Posted

I'm curious about this as well. Also did everyone wait the recommended 6 weeks or longer?

• Posted

I waited 7 weeks because I wanted the OK from the surgeon. Plus it took that long for the swelling to go down! For awhile I wasn't sure there would be enough room. But thanks to this forum I learned that I just needed to be patient!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.