Can anyone relate?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've suffered with OCD and depression over the years and slight fears here and there. Always been on anti depressants. Came off them to start a family a few months later I developed anxiety, which I've never had before. Tried to go back on meds nothing worked or side effects to horrific. I've been dosed up with benzo's for last few months initially they helped me stabilise now they don't work. I wake up with crippling fear for no reason and it stays all day. CBT therapist said he can't help if I can't find thoughts that trigger the anxiety but I can't there are none. I'm on the verge of tears all the time, heart pounding, can't eat, nauseous, lost two stone and can't get a handle on my emotions at all. I have tried, meditation, mindfulness, grounding techniques, reading various books. My thoughts to harm myself are getting more and more acute. The mental health team are of no help. I'm so lost I don't know what to do

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes i can relate. Have you ever tried something called 5 htp.. it is natural but somehow helps with serotonin.. can t be taken with anti dep though. started on it two weeks ago and feel calmer. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm just about to do 5HTP and  vitaminB6.  Re finding the thoughts that generate the anxiety, you said there was none but somewhere there has to be otherwise you would not have anxiety.  Anxiety is a flight or fight mechanism so there has to be an underlying fear that you are not willing to accept.  Mine is fear of being alone after my husband died and my daughter left home.  I except the reason and I intend to deal with it by acceptance of my fear.  Its all control of your negative mind and you have to consciously and strongly turn it around or continue to suffer.  When I have my attack I have been told to accept the fear and mentally sayd that I accept it and I know the reason why it is there but...it is not going to do anything really to harm me and eventually it will cease to have its hold on me.  All the time breathing in deep breaths and counting.  I dont know if you have tried anything like this.  I wont let it win and neither should you....its just an old reaction to something when the fear is in our minds and not happening.  All the best x 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lynda

Not on meds, had prescritpion from doctor but not processing it.  I have anxiety and indeed today I kept crying at work - I work for the NHS as a medical secretary and work with a great group of people.  I am the oldest one there and all the young ones look after me. I even argued with a doctor today and told her not to talk and point at me the way she was....we were both crying int he end.  I can laugh now.  I had my first counsellor today.  This may be a long one but essentially as I lost my husband and then my daughter left home.  My brain in the subconscious has thrown up the feeling  of when I lost my husband and I set if off in some way. Just by a wrong thought.  The week prior to starting anxiety I had a lovely holiday abroad and all was fine and then overnight wham.   So I am not long along this path. I am positive and those around me are positive and I know sometime i n he future this anxiety will pass.  I just have to get used to a new set of rules...being alone and dealing with it.  Positives do what I want and when I want, dont have to argue for the remote control, can sit on my arse all day if I like.... you get where I am going...all positives.  Problem solved....I wish.  Joking aside I truly believe positive thinking Take care and take control xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up