Can anyone relate to this symptom.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been suffering from back shoulder and neck pain. Occasionally around the ribs.

This is worse in the morning when I wake. Feel as if I havnt slept well. Then come these feelings like adrenalin starting in my stomach. It moves up my upper body like a wave finishing in my arms. This only happens for around an hour after waking.

It's the weirdest thing. Health Anxiety is a huge menopause symptom for me so like lots of you we think our symptoms are something serious.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela the shoulder and neck pain as been one of my worse symptoms aswell as really bad health anxiety and insomnia. It's a bloody living nightmare xx

• Posted

Hi Karen and  Angela .. I have severe anxiety.. I have burning aching in my calf’s  often. Worse in the morning and my hips ache at times. I’m

Always googling symptoms and thinking the worst!! I can’t wait fir this to be over!! I’m sirty you both are having a rough time!! It’s nice to lot feel alone in this!! Xo

• Posted

Hi Angela

I sympathise with you, I had the exact same thing with pain on my back and neck, ribs and stomach and I also suffer from health anxiety and its awful, I know. I've been taking HRT for 3 months now and the pain is a whole lot better. I was going to see massage therapists and a chiropractor for years because of the pain, but that seems much better now. Are you taking anything for the menopause? Hope you feel better and you're not alone in this xxx

• Posted

Hello ,

For the past 6 months I’ve also been waking up with middle back pain but only to the right side.I thought maybe It was our mattress but the mattress is fairly new..I went and got a memory foam topper but that hasn’t helped either..I also suffer with a form of health anxiety and all sorts go through your head!!! 

The last 4 nights I have also been waking up with hives...go during the day but return through the night..Getting older is not what it’s cracked up to be...😢

• Posted

Hi Angela...what you describe is exactly what I feel every now n then. as a matter of fact, I felt it yesterday evening and was very afraid that it was something seriously wrong. Then hubby said " dear, you fell asleep sitting on the edge of the sofa and you were bent over quite a ways " so maybe it was a muscle pull. it also felt like trapped gas so I took a gas x and use the heating pad n fell asleep....laying flat. Was gone this morning.

So I do believe it happens randomly, and I also think we should mull over what might have caused it. That helps with the anxiety.

Hugs and well wishes!

• Posted

Hello everyone yes I get this ,it is part of the menopause and health anxiety’s is part of the menopause, I was like most of you, first I thought lung cancer then pancreatic and also ovarian but I have had that many tests scan and I have private health care , I recently had a colposcopy he did say menopause is part of all the symptoms , hard for us all not to worry and you should  still be screen if concerned , once screened then we know, as we wake it is worse I don’t drink smoke daily Yoga no red meat all good food but the worry I carry I may as well do all that 🤣😂menopause is hard I recently changed hrt and feel so much better .hard isn’t it for us all xxlucky I have a supportive husband we do have some laughs at my expense but all in good humour x

• Posted

Hi Angela, i have neck, shoulder and back pain and have for a year now, this is on my left side mainly . It feels like tight muscles and i have had months of physio with no help. I have middle back pain and experienced  spasms in the long muscles that run down the middle of my back. I also have had twitching in my calves but, this has now gone. I get so many aches and pain all over and have pains on my ribs at times and i too suffer from health anxiety. Yes i hate all this. I have now got sciatica in my left buttock , i feel i am so tense all the time. I have started yoga and i am starting jogging too. xx 
    • Posted

I have aches in my calf’s and buttocks most of the time.. I have health anxiety too.. so tired of feeling sore. I am tense too most of the time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.