Can anyone shed some light here please:(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello lovely ladies

As some of you know me from my anterior repair last April, sadly it failed and now waiting impatiently lol for my date which looks like June/August time. My big concern is the time scale from when my urogynacologist examined me to when I have surgery. My worry is what if something else has dropped like cervix, or even back wall, will he sort that out at the time or will he leave it? It make's sense to sort it all out the same time doesn't it? The reason I'm a little worried is a friend had anterior prolapse and when she got on the table her urogynacologist noticed her cervix had come down more during the time of diagnosis to surgery so he placed a stitch to hitch it back up. Matron may be you could advise me here andcany other ladies who can help. I don't want to have more surgery if all can be done at the time if needed. As some ofbyuou are aware I paid for last surgery, but now I'm on NHS and wondered if consultant will go ahead ifvthey see something else needs repairing. We sign a form foir just the anterior, does that mean nothing else will be touched? Thanks so much ladies. Love to you allxxx

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I had a 5 min chat with my surgeon just before the op, she explained that I was going in for a posterior repair, but she would (in her words) 'yank' the uterus down and    If it bounced back up and stayed there then it would be left in if not then she would preform a hysterectomy. So I guess every surgeon makes there own decision depending on what they come across. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.