Can anyone tell me what are brain zaps

Posted , 5 users are following.

I amy trying to come off of celexa and i wanted to know what were brain zaps

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I've just started Cit but having come off Seroxat which is a pain in the ass to get off I have experienced these brain zaps.   They aren't anything major so please don't worry.  It's like a very mild feeling of electric shock or pins and needles in your head, not painful or majorly alarming.  Just keep in your mind that's it's a side effect of coming off.  I coped fine with them and they don't last that long, usually for a couple of days when you drop a dose then they dissapear.  Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.