Can barely see

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all, my anxiety seems to be getting worse. 

Can i just get some reassurance with my symptoms please??

does anyone else have really bad vision ? i seriously can barely see, its so foggy, and i feel as if im drunk all the time, cant balance properly, tight feeling in my brain, and numbness all over my head, especially my teeth. i can see, as in i dont need glasses, but its sooooo foggy, and it feels as though something is crawling round my brain??? please tell me im not alone 

0 likes, 22 replies

Report / Delete

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Your definitely not alone I have all these symptoms too - I've been to opticians and had eyes checked backwards and forwards to the doctors nothing! I've had it for almost a year now virtually daily xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

and opticians cant find anything right ?????

i think its depersonalization, i honestly can barely see, just feel like im not real!!!! genuinely thought i was the only person in the whole world lol xxxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No opticians say there's nothing wrong with my eyes - I've been constantly thinking I've got some brain issue like tumor or something all based on the symptoms that you've mentioned !! So glad it's not only me -not that I'd wish it on anyone but it's put my mind at ease a bit hopefully yours too x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

no im the same!, just that feeling of relief that someone else understands.

all my symptoms are :

- foggy mind

- cant see properly (blurred)

- feel as if ive always got a hangover

- headaches

- my teeth feel numb, and jaw tingles

- tight feeling all over my head

- shake and tremble

- dont feel as if im in my body, literally feel like im on autopilot?

- as though i can feel my blood pumping round my body 

- always forget things

- feel confused alot 

do you feel like this at all ? xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yep all of it really dizzy with it too -my head goes from feeling like it's in a vice to the feeling of crawling things in my head so hard to describe -blurred visions the worst I think can't seem to focus at all n it feels like I've got a vail over my face just feels really muffled at first I thought it was a head cold as that seems to be the only way of describing the head part of it but after a year I've always worried bout more sinister things x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Its just crazy that all of this is caused because of anxiety.. 

i never realised i was anxious, but now that i have been diagnosed with anxiety looking back i realise ive always had it!!

also are your symptoms constant ? because mine are just always there, my vision is always terrible, and its been like this for 6 months. what medication do you think is best to help us? ive been prescribed citalopram, but ive heard so many bad things about it !! 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've had an anxiety disorder for 5 yrs and yes my symptoms are constant sometimes they morph into different symptoms like it started with chest pain convinced I was having a heart attack then changed to something else always had palpitations and shaking n lump in throat since the beginning - I can't take medication as anxiety caused a food and medication phobia so can't shred any light on that im afraid x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I thought you are affraid to take medication because of the side effects.I am very anxious when I have to take any medication.I just start Citalopram and I try to cope with the side effects
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's because of the side effects -if I have an allergic reaction -I won't even take a paracetamol I dislocated my elbow a while back and refused any pain relief what so ever even though I was in agonising pain -just the thought of medications and food send me into a complete panic state x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I understand.I had a bad experience with some tablets 3 weeks ago.I tried a  treatment with Seroxat for anxiety and I had very severe side effects,I had to stop them.This increase my anxiety and the doctor put me on Citalopram.The side effects are still bad I have nausea I lost my appetite and hyperacity in my stomach.I force myself to eat
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Your very brave I wish I could be medicated , I used to be a pill junky how things change , hopefully your side effects will subside after a while of taking them -please try not to fall into the black hole I have its so easily done xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I try very hard to go on with medication, I do CBT aswell.I some mixed symptoms, I don't know if are side effects or is my anxiety.I am tired asking the doctors what is wrong with me
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

From experience alot of symptoms probably are anxiety caused by the worry of taking the tablets and worrying about the side effects -my Dr's useless with my anxiety and haven't got time for me because I won't be medicated and therefore not helping myself - I too have had cbt which I found rather helpful to know all the symptoms and how all my behaviours link up to initial cause so I did find comfort in that x
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up