Can caffeine make anxiety worse ??

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've noticed that I drink a lot of tea , sometimes coffee and quite a lot of Coca Cola can the caffeine from these make my anxiety worse , I had to coffees yesterday and was fine in the day but later on my anxiety started to get really bad , I'm just wondering if that can cause it ??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Caffeine can definitely make anxiety worse! Stay away from it . I suffer from pvcs and in the past caffeine and anxiety has made them worse. If you still want to drink soda get a caffeine free can or decaf tea.
  • Posted

Hello Tom

Caffine will make you bounce, I drink coffee up to lunchtime then tea till dinner at night I leave it alone after six.

BOB

• Posted

Definitely Tom.

The first thing you'll probably get asked by a professional is if you drink these things and how much/how often.

I don't have caffeine after 3pm (if any anymore) I stick to a routine and a structured day. Meals are pretty much always planned ahead of time, I'm vegan so it's easy wink

Stay away from whatever stimulants you can.

Take up some exercise or just go for a walk/run when it's too much. That'll slowly bring you back down.

Good luck

E

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.