can citalopram cause this??? please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

im on day 6 of restarting citalopran and my head is constantly feeling strange, dizzyness ,foggy,pressure, random pains just over all horrible sensations sad my anxiety had also increased and im so up and down from day to day and my thoughts are racing like hell i just feel so anxious and scared and worried il be like this forever i only look forward to bedtime as sleep is my only break from this, im i mum of 2 young children and i feel awful that im suffering like this and everyday things with them is so hard going i just feel like im going to pass out or drop down dead sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey Dizzydoll

you are having a tough old time there. 

Starting citalopram can be a roller coaster and your anxiety can feel worse. The side effects can last for 1-2 weeks dependant on the dose of your meds. 

Hang on in there - a few weeks from now and you will be feeling more like your old self.

managing young kids 24 hours a day is a tough role. Have you got family that you can ask to help you out from time to time? It is important that you recharge your batteries on a regular basis.

it is really important to find some time for yourself every day - do you think you can find 15-20mins for yourself? - do some stretches and try to relax? Are you eating well? 

little kids do grow up and won't need so much attention, 

take it easy

sleepy crow x

• Posted

I actually don't have anyone to help my mum has Ms my sister moved away n my husband works, I can get 20mins while kids r playing or hubby home but it never goes I'm riddled with these sensations constantly sad
  • Posted

I felt just the same after few days of starting tabs. It will get easier as the days go by. Be strong you will get over this. 
  • Posted

Hi there

I started cit about a month ago and experienced exactly what you described. Nothing for a couple of days then bang the whole head pressure, shaking, dizzyness, extreme anxiety like a rollercoaster. What I can tell you is that it will go. Not necessarily all at once, more you'll suddenly realise one day you are actually relaxed.

In terms of timescales everyone is different so please don't give up hope. You will get there.

All the best

Steve

• Posted

Thankyou it's just so difficult I feel like I'm trapped in my own head of hell sad
  • Posted

Hi there Dizzydoll,

One of the biggest consolations I have had during the first rocky weeks of starting cit is that I've felt so understood by so many on this discussion site.  I don't know whether you are taking the pill in the morning or the evening but several members suggested I try taking cit in the evening just before bedtime.  I'm happy to say that it's worked really well and I don't suffer nearly as much nausea and dizziness. Thank you.

I don't know if this will be helpful but know that we are all routing for you so hang in there.

norma87101

• Posted

Thankyou so much it's nice to know I'm not aline and that people have took time to reply it's very reassuring, I take it in the morning might try in evening instead x
  • Posted

dizzydoll you don't say what dose you are on or why you re-started it. I guess these are all symptoms of citalopram. Speak to your doctor about it as it isn't good for the little kiddies to see their mummy so strange.
    • Posted

I've just started bk on 10mg and restarted because my anxiety was terrible, I actually feel abit better today but I've only just taken the tablet so there's time yet or I might just be getting better smile
    • Posted

dizzydoll its likely it is taking a slow effect and having to catch up with you again. I am sure it will settle down and this time perhaps its better not to come off it but to continue if it makes you feel better. Take care.
    • Posted

Yeah it's scared me I never want to come off it again I can't go through it anymore x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.