Can flu make you mad?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this? I've not had many side affects, no sickness or anything like that. I've said before that my sleep pattern has always been bad and my dreams have always been wierd, but about 3 or 4 times i've just feel mad!

When i say mad i mean that my head runs a mile a minute but nothing will stay in there! I cant remember anything, as soon as it enters my head its gone again. My eyes feel dry and sore like i've been awake for a week, i feel like i'm gurning! i tend to drift off into a daydream and i cant stop myself and my perception goes and i cant judge where anything is! It makes a trip in the car quite terrifying. Yesterday i went to see my psychologists and 15 mins before i saw him i started sweating i could get me words together i kept waffling on and losing the point to what i was saying and then completely forgot what we where talking about in the first place. I feel like i'm someone whos pilled up!

This has happened before close to my period but thats still a week away!

I'm fine today. Has anyone else experienced this?

I dont want to keep taking flu if this is going to continue.

Thanks

The orb fairy.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi the orb fairy

Ive been on fluoxetine for about two months now and felt exactly like you have felt....around new years i had an anxiety attack which ive never had before....and that was terrifying....like you my head was going so fast....it was like this tumbledryer going in fast forward i thought i was going to die or was going insane.. so my mum took me to casualty...everything got so quiet and lonely and i was gurning like hell...they said i was jus having an anxiety attack ...my gp said that people react to fluoxetine in different ways and to stick at it for a bit....so i did and i have to say it does get better!!!! of course i still do get quite paranoid (think ppl are spiking my water and food with speed or E's etc) but im learning to control it and accept that the fluoxetine is just fixing me and that its all part and parcel.....i have a much more positive feeling swirling around me and.i hope you stick at it because it is worth it and know that you suffer with many others....infact seeing your comment comforted me !...i do hope you fly soon orb fairy

Liam

• Posted

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your reply, thought it was just me and i really was going to go mad. I've been on flu now for nearly 3 months and this thing seems to get worse everytime it happens. I dont know if its an anxiety attack as i dont think i have suffered with them before.

what if they continue to get worse? The flu doesnt seem to really be working for me and i'm thinking of asking my gp about it.

Thanks again Liam, it's good to know i'm not alone.

Take care

The orb fairy.

• Posted

Hello orb fairy

aahhh 3 months lol there was me trying to be the caring nurse type and you have been on them longer than me......still it is reassurring to know theres someone else out there experiencing the same symptoms as me....its bloody awful though sometimes.....i keep questioning this reality and wonder if im in acoma in another world and need to wake up from here....now i know its not true but these are the thoughts i get sometimes...i think i might go to the doctor again like you ...im worried about serotonin syndrome....its scaring me....i hope you get the help you need orb fairy

Liam

• Posted

Hi, liam

Now you've scared me, never heard of serotonin syndrome before! Right thats it i'm not taking them anymore! :shock:

In all seriousness, i dont want to keep going mad every few weeks or so, i have so many other problems! i have made an appointment with my gp, (who knew you could get an appointment at 7 am? :shock: ).

These feelings arent right are they?, doesnt say anything on the leaflet!

Think we need to changed our meds, before we lose our minds :D

Hope your well, thanks for being a caring nurse type anyway.

The orb fairy

• Posted

P.S.

Your experience sounds worse than mine and i would diffo go and see your gp, i'm sure you deserve to feel better than a pill popping chav smile

And from the looks of it this is not a common side affect.

Take care

The orb fairy

• Posted

lol pill popping chav! god help me if i turn into one of those.....sorry for scaring you/...i think im just looking at the negatives too much....i dont think i can get sertonin syndrome while on 20mg's....how much you on?.... ill go to the gp in the morning to get reassurance...what did the gp say to you?....ah no sometimes i think its not worth being on these but i certainly have felt a positive change in me as well.....so its difficult to decide what to do.....i think ill stay in my own little world for now ...its ok though they know me there :lol:

take care

Liam

• Posted

Hi Liam,

I'm on 20mg as well! Maybe read to much into sertonin syndrome :oops:

I wont get to see my doctor til the 19th. It's good to hear that you have some positives effects from the flu. I dont know if they're having an effect, i'm up and down like a rollercoaster smile

I've decided not to take them anymore, or at least til i see my doctor, see what happens!

Enjoy yourself in your little world and say hi from me.

Take care

The orb fairy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.