Can flying affect bladder prolapse symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was 4 days into a holiday last November when my bladder prolapsed. Had an operation to repair it 3 months later and once recovered all was well. Have just flown again to same place and in a matter of days again have the same symptoms. Can anyone shed any light on this? If there is no connection between flying and bladder problems this has got to be one of the weirdest coincidences ever.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Really sorry to hear you've had a relapse. Rather than flying, could it be something connected to travelling? .....like lugging a heavy suitcase about?

• Posted

Was just going to say same thing Claire, as luggage is so heavy and even with trolley wheels still times it needs to be lifted. It's also heavy doing all the ironing and packing.

My poor hubby had to deal with any lifting of my case.

Phyl

• Posted

Thanks Claire but my lovely hubby does all the lugging. I guess I will have to wait until I go home and see my consultant before I can find anything out. It's just weird that the circumstances are identical.

• Posted

Thanks Phyl, same answer as I've given Claire. Really weird.

• Posted

That is strange liv,

I have flown twice after repair surgery ;

3 month post op and 4 month post op.

Did you have any turbulence where plane kind of dropped rapidly or anything like that?

Don't know if that would make any difference though.

Hope you get some answers soon,

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.