Can gallstones cause pain around my bellybutton?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with Gallstones. I'm not in serious pain, but i do have a discomfort in my right abdomen that comes and goes.

For the past 2 days I've noticed that my abdomen is sore to the touch in one spot about 2 inches above my bellybutton and 1 inch to the right.

I've assumed that gallbladder pain should be higher near my right rib cage. Does this sound related to my gallstones? I don't really want to remove the gallbladder if that isn't what is causing my discomfort.

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My pain was my whole right side. I would suggest considering removal as the gallbladder will not heal itself and things will only eventually get worse. I am 3 weeks post op and so glad that pesky little organ is gone. I am feeling better each day. i did not have stones but an overactive gallbladder with polyps. Good luck to you!

• Posted

hi kjm and sarah. i just wanted to see how you are feeling. i am up early this morning searching through the forums for similar symptoms like mine. i have a bloating feeling on the right side of my belly button. i usually notice it in the morning mostly. i do also have mild pain under my ribs and i am scheduled to have it out in 3 weeks. But, I am curious about the belly button. thanks

• Posted

kjm are you still having pain around your belly button?

• Posted

Do you have any updates on this? I am experiencing pain in the same location right where I had a previous incision. I thought I had a hernia as the pain only happened with certain movements and not with diet, but they could not find a hernia on any scans. However, my gallbladder does have stones and sludge and they want me to remove it ASAP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.