can grass help anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

i want to know if anyone has ever tried grass (yk what im talking about) to help with anxiety & what effects it had on you

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I hope that is the case because the anxiety are terrible, i think its good despite the side effects but better short term solution.

• Posted

Yeah, I've definitely tried it as an attempt to free myself of this hell. The experience is great, it makes you all giggly and happy. Momentarily, it helps you forget your problems, you become just another high person who finds everything funny and feels so damn relaxed. I guess, it makes you so damn relaxed that you don't feel that anxiety with talking to people or to things in general anymore. I personally found that while on it I would be able to be more relaxed and happy and communicate with others in a goofier way. Overall, it makes you feel normal for a sec.

The negatives, though, is the fact that it only lasts a short while and then you're back to your old self, anxious and sad. On top of that, there's also the possibility of having a panic attack while on it because you couldn't stop worrying beforehand or there's something persistent on your mind. I feel like that just makes the issue a lot more pronounced and then you're even more anxious, which isn't ideal.

All in all, if you or anyone else reading this happens to decide to do it, just choose wisely. If doing it with people, please, do it with people you trust at first. That's the best first start. Make sure there's no chance of getting caught mid sesh, also very important. Lastly, just try to relax while getting on with it and expect good results. If you weight out the pros and cons, it's definitely worth a try if you want to know the feeling. Hope this answered your question and sorted anything out for you. Good luck, man.

• Posted

I was a smoker for many years of the devils lettuce up until last year when I had my first panic attack, since then I have stopped (had a few puffs over Christmas but wasn't the same)

CBD is "supposed" to help with anxiety but takes several weeks to get into your body/chemical make up. I quote the word supposed as really there has being very little research done currently. Whereas THC will if anything make anxiety worse I hope one day my "anxiety" will dissapear and I can sit down with a joint because I found it before my attack quite relaxing amd sociable. I also found in the 10 years I smoked it almost daily that I was rarely ill and hadnt been to a doctor/hospital/dentist for about 7 years until said panic attack.

My GP recons that all anxiety takes is a trigger, you mau have had it for many weeks/months/years but one thing andand it will tip you over. Mine was my father needing an angiogram to check his heart then 24/48 hours after he had that I was up A&E with chest pains but I have housing issues and since this come about i havent being able to work so now have financial issues. These issues need to be addressed before my life can carry on so maybe look at your life and see if there is any triggers etc

• Posted

Just a tiny warning. I had my very first panic attack after smoking pot for the first time in my teens. It lead to YEARS of panic attacks.

• Posted

thanks for that, actually I never smoked it in my life or intended to smoke it, this is the anxiety talking to me, try to beat it without depending on any drug, thanks very much.

best regards

• Posted

Hi smoking seems to help in the short term but in the longer term it can cause serious mental health problems in some people. Best avoided if possible. x

• Posted

i second many of these comments. I smoked it on and off when i was younger. Then i had it once and then it hit me. A massive panic attack and a couple months of hell. Since then i have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks. Im now anti drug. It ruined my life. Yes its only a bit of weed but its how your body and mind deal with it. I wouldnt recommend self medicating, especially with drugs. Go to the doctors first. Ask for advice on CBD oil. It has no side effects and takes 2 weeks to work. Read the side effects of weed. It may change your opinion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.