can i be refused another repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi ladies , 8 weeks tomorrow since my cystocele repair but rectocle was left as surgeon said it was minimal, since my repair it feels like its getting bigger, cant believe it wasnt repaired at same time , phoned hospital today regarding seeing my consultant and was told i need to go back to my docs to be referred back , could i be refused a posteroir repair for any reason ,im in tears i really need this fixed asap, cant cope with another bulge x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I'm afraid they can refuse. I saw a gynaecologist 12 months ago and he said he would not be prepared to repair it as it "wasn't really causing me too many problems & I wouldn't notice any difference afterwards" Since then it has got worse & is causing bowel problems so I have found a colorectal surgeon who will but I would prefer a gynaecologist to do it. I'm trying to avoid more surgery but I'm not sure how long I can go on like this so I might have to try another gynaecologist in time. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear at this time but it is what I was told. You might have to try more than one. Good luck.
    • Posted

Omg really sad where about are you from , I didn't have any problems with getting cystocele repair so was praying this would be the same x
    • Posted

I live in the south west & it was private healthcare so he was also turning money down! It's only been 8 weeks, I know you are upset but give yourself some more time to get your head around it & you might feel differently 🙂 X
    • Posted

I'm in Scotland , tayside area , I honestly don't need time to think , lived with a cystocele long enough and can't go through all this again , it's definetley a repair for me xx
  • Posted

helen there are not many consultants who would refuse particularly as it's affecting your emotional health. I know I say this over and over again but this is why you need to see a Urogynaecologist, which I'm sure your consultant is. Until you see your GP and get that referral you won't know but should your original consultant refuse you are under the NHS entitled to a 2nd opinion x
    • Posted

Yeah was a urogynecologist I had , I'm in such a state matron can't even sleep without waking up in a panic I'm an emotional wreck , just can't get it out my head for a minute totally stressed right now xx
    • Posted

I can tell you are helen so please speak to your GP and see what he says x
    • Posted

Got my docs in 9 days dont wanna go earlier as need smear test and I'm a bit tender down there just now, when I phoned hospital she said I'm suitable for a vaginal hysterectomy if it's something id consider ,I've Never even mentioned anything like that b4 but might just consider it aT same time I get rectocele repair xx
    • Posted

It is something to consider but take your time and do your research. There are positives to having a hysterectomy but age is a factor as well. I know you will make the right decision helen xx
  • Posted

Hi Helen i don't know what to say I understand your frustration but this time you will have to be again a bit patient and listen to Matron. I'm in Spain and the system is different but here if the rectocele causes you depression, as we can tell, it has to be fixed. I can't imagine a doctor could refuse to operate seeing your state... In Spain or in other country. Send you hugs darling we are with you! 😘
    • Posted

aww thank you , yeah matrons advice is always fab , i will see what my doc says next week i dont want o goearlier to see her as i have to get a smear testdone and im a bit tender down there just now , infact in pretty sore down there ,i am so depressed right now and i know that not helping xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.