can i beat this and be happy ???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well here goes ... im 28 years of age from the uk and my anxiety is basically ruling my life

And i don’t know what to do anymore.

Does anybody feel like this on a daily basis???because this is me everyday.

So scared to answer the door when people knock?

Scared of answering my phone to numbers i don’t recognise

Scared to go to the shop which is literally 10 seconds away from my house , and even

When i pluck the courage up to go i pray that im gonna be the only one in there so i go straight in

And out , and the small talk and eye contact is a total nightmare.

I make sure if i have to have my hair cut that im there real early so theres not many people

About and once again straight in and out.

Going to the doctors and being in the waiting room. The list can go one tbh

Guess what im trying to say is that im a nervous wreck , i never used to be like this , i used to be happy , outgoing , confident and bubbly etc ..... i just don’t know how it came to this , i feel like

Theres a constant black cloud above my head day in day NOT out etc.......

Sorry for going on so long , i just dunno what to do and its sad really because i know theres

People out there with worse problems i guess.

I even deleted my facebook because all i kept seeing is people posting pics of family , holidays

And all nice stuff because it depressed me ... yeah i know that sounds selfish but im a really nice

Person and would do anything for anyone.

Anyway im rambling on .... anybody out there anywhere that has beat these beasts ?????

Thanks

Oh yes and im on mirtazapine and beta blockers , maybe i need the right meds for me

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

for some reason it has but gaps between sentences , im new so i apologise
  • Posted

Hiya,

What do you think caused the anxiety to start?

• Posted

i really dont know , i wish i did and then i could start from there , all i know is , is that ive felt

this for a really long time and its slowly creeped up getting worse and then to severe ... i basically

feel trapped

thanks for the reply by the way

• Posted

think back to things which happened to you maybe things which made you feel sad? Did you feel alone, asolated, break in job?
  • Posted

When anxiety is severe relax and tell yourself worrying achieves nothing, worrying will solve nothing,think of a good place,somewhere you've enjoyed ,felt happy and safe.
  • Posted

my last job i had , i was a great worker , i always have been , got my head down and did my job

etc ... but i would even spend more time in the toilet at clock off time just so i didnt have to que up to leave

and engage in convos , my face goes bright red.... i never once sat in the cantine for lunch , i would sit

outside with the older guys etc... this was a great company and then i had my breakdown ... they gave sick

pay and was sending me get well soon cards but i couldnt do it , and ive worked ever since leaving school.

i know worrying achieves nothing , but its like its in my nature now ... as though its normal

thanks for the replies

• Posted

Hi

Have u Ever been to talk to someone about your anxieties.

• Posted

hi lydia

yeah i did cbt , but nothing worked with that and was hoping it did , ive spent money buying books

on depression and anxiety , downloaded apps .... even being on here is making me anxious .... i just want

to feel human again

thanks for the reply , i dont know why it is putting gaps between what i write

• Posted

Hello

You are not the only one barreling thus, I have been like it since September, I am 25 and can't bare the thought of being alone, I have a fiancé but he doesn't understand what I'm going through, I'm an only child and my mum died 7 years ago and then my dad 4 years ago, I did my grieving for both of them as we were very close, and had anxiety prior to this, I have been fine for about 2 years my normal outgoing bubbly self, getting up going to work, but ever since the end of September Iv turnt into a nervous wreck, my symptoms are, nausea, shaking, depression, toilet troubles, loss of appetite, dizziness, sweating, suicidal thoughts, it's bloody awful, I currently take 40mg of fluoxetine and 300mg of pregabalin but Iv seen no changes in taking these, I am going back to see my Gp

• Posted

Most of us in same place so don't worry sf , all friendly and helpful on here. On the same dosage of fluoxetine with up to 60mg of propranolol which I find takes away physical symptoms.
  • Posted

hi hollie , sorry about your parents , i cant imagine how it was to go through that .... im currently living

at my parents and my dad has cancer and i hate seeing him taking loads of pills and oramorph daily ,

my mum , dad , 2 sisters are basically the only friends i have .... sometimes i feel pressured by my sisters has they want me to go out and meet someone .... i cant do that , im not happy within myself so whos gonna want to be someone like me , and i wouldnt at the moment anyway....all your symptons are familiar with me and my sleep is horrible , hope you feel well soon

• Posted

hi rick , appreciate your replies and everyone elses , i even feel on edge writing on here as though im gonna be judged etc
  • Posted

No one will judge you, I'm the same at times, depends how I feel but a chat can help I find.
  • Posted

Goodnight all , chat tomorrow maybe, sleep well.
  • Posted

thanks rick , im gonna get my head down too .. chat soon i hope

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.