can i beat this and be happy ???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well here goes ... im 28 years of age from the uk and my anxiety is basically ruling my life

And i don’t know what to do anymore.

Does anybody feel like this on a daily basis???because this is me everyday.

So scared to answer the door when people knock?

Scared of answering my phone to numbers i don’t recognise

Scared to go to the shop which is literally 10 seconds away from my house , and even

When i pluck the courage up to go i pray that im gonna be the only one in there so i go straight in

And out , and the small talk and eye contact is a total nightmare.

I make sure if i have to have my hair cut that im there real early so theres not many people

About and once again straight in and out.

Going to the doctors and being in the waiting room. The list can go one tbh

Guess what im trying to say is that im a nervous wreck , i never used to be like this , i used to be happy , outgoing , confident and bubbly etc ..... i just don’t know how it came to this , i feel like

Theres a constant black cloud above my head day in day NOT out etc.......

Sorry for going on so long , i just dunno what to do and its sad really because i know theres

People out there with worse problems i guess.

I even deleted my facebook because all i kept seeing is people posting pics of family , holidays

And all nice stuff because it depressed me ... yeah i know that sounds selfish but im a really nice

Person and would do anything for anyone.

Anyway im rambling on .... anybody out there anywhere that has beat these beasts ?????

Thanks

Oh yes and im on mirtazapine and beta blockers , maybe i need the right meds for me

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Have you tried going to a group for people who feel like this in London I know a good one could put you in touch if you like
  • Posted

SF My heart goes out to you. We in the forum are here for you. No need to apologize for anything. Have you seen a psychiatrist or psychologist? Having a professional to speak with might help to root out the cause or causes of your extreme anxiety. A dear friend who suffered through years of anxiety while taking all kinds of psychotropic medications has been on mirtazapine for the past couple of years. She said it has changed her life. But everyone is different so sometimes to find the right medication we must go through triasl and errors. . Psychiatrists in the US are able to prescribe medications but psychologists and other therapists are not permitted to do so. MD's are also able to prescribe but I think psychiatrists are better about analyzing the causes of our fears. Good luck. I'd like to see you "starting fresh" on a happier life.
  • Posted

Hi guys I am very new to this, I can't tell you how much I can relate to this is so many ways.

I have the most amazing fiancé and I can't seem to get over my anxiety it's ruining our relationship, he does nothing wrong and I'm always so suspicious ! I had a panic attack a few years ago when I was in a pressured job but after a few weeks I was back to normal and ok again. I am a very outgoing person I work in sales, I don't have the problem with going out but I think that's because I can put on a front of being happy when I am customer facing all day.

I have just been prescribed 50g of streamline but was unsure if I should take it, I started to take Kali's and this seemed to help so I stopped and went back to my normal crazy self ! My imagination runs wild and I am convinced everyone is out to get me, if anyone offer any criticism to me I take it as a personal attack.

I also want to be normal again and not to have this black cloud over my head, my finance doesn't understand and just thinks I'm looking the plot. I just can't explains how I'm feeling inside but I also feel like I just dint know what to do !!!

Can anyone help ?

• Posted

Sf hope your having a better day. Sounds like time for a good holiday Claire .
  • Posted

hi guys only just logged in , hope you have all had a ok day

hi heather nice to meet you and thanks for replying .... i live in nottinghamshire so im quite away from london....hi vickycam , yeah i maybe should go see some one again , its got to the point where im second guessing myself ... am i crazy etc ... its so hard to explain through words i guess.

hi claire , i cant really give any advice to you but i understand what you mean about putting a front on , i do it to my family , making out im ok but inside im basically dead , its a battle sometimes i just want to submit too.

hey rick , hope you have had a good day too , i had dinner with family being quiet as usual

• Posted

Have a look in your area for meet up groups in London there are loads look for anxiety try and meet some people who feel the same it was really helpful in London
  • Posted

Hi

Can you tell me where I can look for groups? I'd love to meet up with someone who is going through what I am - but have no idea where/ how I even start to look for where people live

thanks

• Posted

Yeah had a good day today sf thanks, walked dogs by river, dinner , bit of catch up tv.
  • Posted

Hi there,

Well theres a great group in london called leading light they advertise on meet up, they have group meetings for socials and meetings to help people talk and build their confidence. Theres no pressure you do what you feel comfortable with. I could forward you a contact for the group if you like or try googling meet up in kent, i think they are all over, let me know.

• Posted

Thanks - do you have a link and then I can have a look in to ones in kent

Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.