Can I get my foot wet?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Stitches out last THURSDAY- now all bandages off just guaze cover.....has anyone else been told they can bathe the foot? I still have two pins in toes...

just a bit concerned as when I had other got I was bandaged untill the pins came out, maybe it's changed in four years...please reply 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol

I was told on Friday under no circumstances can I get the foot wet whilst there is a pin protruding out if my toe.

Kind regards

Sue

• Posted

Thanks x I just sponged my foot then and kept away from pins -thanks for the reply 😉
  • Posted

Hi Carol

you need to keep completely away from the pins when cleaning your foot

They go all the way to the bones so if an infection was introduced it can have devastating consequences and be very dificult to treat

Be patient Carol,  they will be out soon enouth and once the wounds are well healed you can soak your foot and make sure that all the dead skin is gone

• Posted

Thanks, just confused with this second foot as with the first they kept it fully bandaged? 😳

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.