can i take anti depressants if i feel like passing out ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My brain feels weird like its expanding. This mostly happens when I'm using my phone or on the computer or stressed. I told the doc about the woozy feeling but he didn't say anything

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

are you taking sertraline if so what mg? I get the dizzy and sickness feeling and I was given anti sickness tablet which really helps with the dizziness and a tad with the nausea maybe talk to your doctor and see if he will give you some on prescription. 
    • Posted

Hi. I'm not taking anything. But the reason why I'm asking if I should take it is because I'm going for an ultrasound for this lump tomorrow and I'm really worried and anxiety. Will taking the pill help or make it worse?

• Posted

Sertraline can take weeks to get into your system and things can get worse before it gets better but it different for everyone. My advice would be go to the ultrasound then go to your gp and have a talk. Iv only been on sertraline for 5 weeks and still get the a weird feeling in my head and shakes also nausea but try to beat the side effects because they are ment to be good tablets once they have kicked in. All the best for tomorrow 
    • Posted

Thanks. I was prescribed escitalopram. Have you tried it? Because I only took it once and it made me feel 100 times worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.