Can I take Diazepam after binge drinking last night?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I blacked out last night and can't remember much and its making my anxiety absolutely unbearable. I'm over analyzing what I may of done and its driving me crazy. I am on Fluoxetine and it seems when I drink alcohol on that med, I get drunk easier and have memory issues. I just want to calm down as I'm hyperventilating, hearts racing and feel sick to my stomach. Can I take a pill of Valium (diazepam) ? I know it does not mix well with alcohol at all so I'm wondering if its been long enough. I had my last drink around 2:30am this morning. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Beezwax.

You shouldn't be drinking any type of alcohol on any type of mood/mind altering tablet \Drink.

It sounds like you might be doing a very positive thing there by getting sober, because that's when the real miracle happens. ...

A valium will slow you you down. Won't help the problem. I hope that when you get this you haven't drank already by the time I got this message

Hit me back if you need to......

• Posted

Thanks for your advice. I am probably going to stop drinking now. I am a young adult so my friends always want to go out to drink, and because of my social anxiety and anxiety, I rely on drink to get me through it so I imagine thats why I always black out and don't remember what happened. 

Since that night I have had constant anxiety because I cannot remember what I did. I am just going through scenarios in my head and can't stop thinking about it afraid that I embarrassed myself or did something wrong. I wish the doctors told me about avoiding alcohol because I have been on mind altering meds for over 4 years. I hope it has not give me any long term damage. Thanks again for your reply.

• Posted

Please don't do this to yourself. I would suggest drinking plenty of WATER to flush all the alcohol out of your body asap.

I would not take any diazepam .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.