can I take green tea tablets at the same time as tibolone?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I've been taking tibolone for 2 months following hysterectomy and oophorectomy at age of 40 for endometriosis. I've never been on medication before so not sure if I can take herbal or other health supplements along side or if it will cause a problem. Any advice please?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have been taking tibolone for about 1.5 years I haven't tried that supplement but I do take Ginseng, garlic oil, calcium calcium, vitamin D and I also drink green tea. The only supplement it warns against is St John's wort.

Hopefully someone else here may have taken the supplement you require soon.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I've put so much weight on quickly in last 2 months and not sure if just due to having no hormones or the tibolone. I heard that green tea tablets can help boost metabolism better than drinking as concentrated. I'm not due follow up from hysterectomy until 4 months after op and if weight (well size really as only half stone on but 2 maybe 3 dress sizes rrrrrrrrr!!!!)carry on going on like I won't get through consultants door! Lol. Hopefully someone will know of its ok to take. Gp didn't help when asked?
    • Posted

Hi I know how you feel as I had the same op which is why I take the Tibolone. I put on alot of weight initially but this was due to my slowing down after the op and slow recovery. I wasn't as active after and quite down with all the changes. I lost all the weight and more once I recovered fully and was more active and cheerful. I used my fitness pal app and lost a stone. Good luck and a speedy recovery :-)
    • Posted

Thanks Tracy. I've been really lucky and was up to full speed 2 weeks after op apart from lifting which I've only started doing at 6 weeks and included weight training too. Not been back to hospital for check up so can only go with how I feel so. Weight gain really depressing and I'm just hoping that when I go on to proper hrt in 4 months time will suit me better than this steroid version. Failing that I'm going to have to seriously look at upping exercise and eating lettuce leaves lol
    • Posted

You do sound like your quite healthy anyway and hormones do play a large part in weight gain. As does getting older and being more sedentary, not quite the spring chicken I used to be lol! After the op my hormone levels declined very quickly and I was in and out of the Dr's nearly every week. Once my levels were stable I felt more like my old self and the weight came off quite quickly once I reinstated a serious exercise and diet regime. Ive been on many diets before the op and not lost as much as I wasn't as focused or realised I had to change my lifestyle too.
    • Posted

Yes I think more drastic measures are needed now no hormones and turning 40 hasnt helped lol. I have been slower as is a major op and I think going back to work this week will help as back to a routine again. Thanks for replying 😊will give the green tea a try and just stop if feel odd

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.