Can I take propanalol with sertraline

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have been prescribed sertraline for the past 5 weeks was on citralopam before.i feel so tense and anxious can I take propanalol as well 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes, only on the advice of your doctor though if hes prescribed you both and says take both then do.

Propanalol is a beta blocker it will stop the release of adrenalin to your body

Sertraline is a serotonin booster usually used for depression, it creates happy chemicals.

• Posted

hi,

been on sertraline now for 20 weeks and i also take 40mg propanalol am and 40mg pm , take care

• Posted

Hi are they working I'm on 150!sertraline for 5,weeks now but no improvement crying on and off and my body feels tense and choked
  • Posted

hi

​sertraline took 8 weks for me to see improvment, i still had days of tears and upset but not too much and i controlled best i could, propranolol made it much better, but please give sertraline time to work 5 weeks is not enough to be fair. take care

• Posted

Many thanks lets hope I turn the corner soon.hope you're doing ok x

• Posted

Do you have a therapist? These drugs should be used in conjunction with therapy. There's a mental blockage that's making you feel this way the drugs just mask the problem they don't cure it.
    • Posted

Yes I'v been seeing a counsellor 
    • Posted

Good some people get these pills then complain when they don't work when they're doing no action to sort out their issues. I hope things get better pal smile
    • Posted

I took 40 mg propanalol this morning and for the first time my stomach has stopped.however they are tablets I was prescribed two years ago.it may be a co-incidence .As it is a weekend my doctor doesn't know I'v taken.my medication is 125 mcg thyroxine 150 mg sertraline.physical health doesn't usually worry me.however I don't want to take propanalol and find the mixture of all three is dangerous? What do you think?safe to take until I see doc on MondayMonday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.