Can IBS be seasonal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Its seems around this time of the year every year now for the last 4 years my stomach has spasms, my bowels alternate, I lose a little weight and i gain it back. I lose the weight because im afraid to eat. My back hurts, and so does my tail bone it seems like. All these things worry me and then my health anxiety kicks in. Last year i had a colonoscopy and endoscopy everything all clear only thing is ibs and gerd...this last about 2 months and then nothing for the rest of the year. Can ibs be seasonal

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds more related to what you are eating and stress levels. Are you eating anything different? Have your stress levels gone up during these periods? Try a food diary and monitor your stress levels. Not heard of seasonal IBS.

• Posted

Hi julia, whatever you do this time of year will set off your IBS, so think what alters at this time of year for you. IBS can crop up any time, i know mine was awful last year i am now having to have a camera to see if i have coeliac disease. Let us know what you discover.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.