Can it be trichomoniasis? I have been suffering from burning after urination at the penis tip.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Could anyone please guide me here. I have been suffering from red foreskin, red dots on penis glans and burning or irritation at the tip of penis after i urinate. The burning lasts for 10-20 minutes. It varies during the day. It is less at the time of first urination in the morning but more in the evening.

The redness of foreskin is more in the morning and less in the evening. 

Sexual History: 

I had sex with two different guys from a chat site (so i don't know his history) in a span of week at the end of September and beginning of October. I had protected anal sex with him, he gave me oral also but without condom. Anal sex was like for 30-40 seconds only.

One of the guys rimmed me as well and later gave me oral.

Since October I have taken a lot of medicines but no respite. That includes Doxy & itraconazole ( 20 days), Diflucan (7 days), Azithromycin 1000mg (Single dose). But there is little to no improvement. 

I have had HIV ( After 68 days), Diabetes Fasting and random both, Urine Culture (2 months after exposure), Urine culture (3 months after exposure), HSV-1 and HSV-2 (Both IGG and IMM-after 3 months of exposure), Urine Culture ( 3 months 15 days) and STD panel ( Chlamydia, Syphilis and Gonorrhoea Quantitative PCR- 3 months after exposure)

I have been negative for HIV, HSV-2, STD panel and Diabetes (both).

I have been tested positive for HSV-1 and UTI (E.coli- 100000 in first U/C, 1000 in 2nd U/C and clear in 3rd U/C), Chlamydia Pneumonia. 

I have been to both urologist and dermatologist and diagnosed it as Balanitis. But no one has anything to say about burning after urination. Currently seeing a sexologist but no improvement so far.

The guys i had sex with are not Gay and they are Bisexual and i am also Bisexual though i never had sex with girl.

Can I have trichomoniasis? Because burning after urination is one of its symptoms. But i am not sure weather i can get it from a guy or not. I am attaching pics as well.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don’t know if it’s possible to get trich given your exposure but it is an infection that can be passed w/o intercourse. The test for men is via urine and it is easily treated with antibiotics if confirmed.  Would be good to take the test and rule it out. 
    • Posted

Test is not available in my area, I have tried searching for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.