Can lipomas been seen on an ultrasound?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an ultrasound done of a lump on my chest and rib cage, my doctor thinks they can be lipomas. When we did the ultrasound the tech kept having be change angles and I could tell her couldn't see anything. When I was leaving I inquired to him about it, and he said often times there are things called lipomas that can't really be seen on an ultrasound, since they are far essentially. He had no idea that's what they were looking for. I'm just curious if anyone else has had them and the ultrasound couldn't pick them up?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I wish I knew the answer.. I am trying to get an ultrasound for a lump I have cause it didn't show up on x rays nor ct scans that were done without contrast 🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.