Can my aneixty really be making my heart feel this way?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having a horrible two months. It all started when I had an energy drink for the first time in a year. My heart was racing like I never thought it could. So from then on I was okay for about a week and my heart had been acting up a little. I went to my doctor he said I was fine but had high bp. He didn't treat it though because he says its becuase anxious. Things just seemed to be getting worse my heart was racing a lot and I was having pressure in my chest. I was also feeling really dizzy and cloudy in the head. I was reffered to a cardiologist who has tested me I have had an echo, ekg, 24 hour halter monitor as well as a stress test recently but I havent seen him to go over the results for that yet. I still am having really bad chest pain I don't even feel anxious I also feel dizzy and my heart just races randomly. Also he did find a innocent heart murmur. I have been to the ER 4 times they say nothings wrong just a fast heart rate when I go in. I don't know what to do I'm 23 im on xanax .25mg and I still just feel like something is wrong with my heart and they are missing it. Like i said I can be completly calm and then my heart just starts to race makes no sense. I am feeling quiet a bit of pressure on my left side right now and its kinda hard to breath. I don't know what to do I can't keep wasting money for nothing I have enough money problems to worry about. I haven't even been able to work because of this. 

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Defo is anxiety I haven't Hadith for a long time now but for about a year and a half I had this felling dizzy and also feeling like my breathing was very faint so every week I would go doctors saying there's somthing wrong I'm not right thing I had al sorts wrong with me I never wanted to go to work couldn't concentrate on any thing a started to get s lump in my throat from the stress then I started to go A&E to see if I could get answers in the end I started to get depressed and feeling like I was goin mad literally as if I wasn't normal then I finally got answers after a year and a half I had an anxiety disorder and was put on an anti represent which works great I still get the feeling sometimes but soon goes away the best thing to do is don't panic and think there's somthing wrong because that will make you worse just take deep breaths and do your every day thing you would normally do it helps you have to make your self do somthing as it will get the better of you else, xx
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I have been prescribed zoloft but i'm nervous to take it. I know I prob. should. I'm on the xanax though so I don't know. I just can't shake the feeling that my heart isnt okay.
    • Posted

I take a tablet called sertraline it took a good 4 weeks for them to start working but I wouldn't worrie honest I went through everything, it will only make you stressed its hard tho to not think there's somthing wrong I was 100% there's was somthing wrong with me but there isn't I could believe how anxiety could make you feel so many things, trust me keeping busy and trying to have fun is the way forward x
    • Posted

Hi Courtney, it does sound like anxiety and panic.  I have been through this many times as well.  It helps to take deep breaths and to distract yourself somehow, with an activity you enjoy or maybe calling a friend or relative for conversation, someone who understands.  I have found that sugar and caffeine make my anxiety worse and am actively cutting these out of my diet as much as possible.  You will want to stay away from energy drinks.  Take care and know that you will be fine.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate this so much. I'm so happy I found this fourm. I also have sertaline I think it's the off brand of zoloft. I guess i'm gonna start it tonight then. If it worked for you maybe it'll work for me. My doc. gave me 50 mgs.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I really hope that's all this is. My heart just feels crazy. I'm so sick of it and I'm ready for feel myself again. sad I have def. cut out all caffeine for my diet for sure. I haven't had any in about two months I stopped when everything started happening with my heart. 
    • Posted

I'm on 50mg aswell I take mine before bed every night you will get there chick 👍🏻 it's hard but you have to beat it xx
    • Posted

Thanks, I think i'm gonna give it a try starting tonight. I am on xanax I'll have too see about taking the two together or if I need to stop xanax. I know that zoloft is what they want me on longterm at least.
  • Posted

Classic symptoms. If they say yojre fine, you're fine. Trust me, a doctor by now would've told you that something major was out of place. Anxiety causes fast heart rates which in turn causes more anxiety..
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Yeah I guess you're right I just feel like my heart races for no reason, when I'm not even freaking out.
  • Posted

Hi Courtney I get heart racing too when not nervous especially after eating I take propanolol which really helps.
    • Posted

I did get offered a betablocker as well from my cardiologist he suggest zoloft first but im scared of the side effects. I don't know which one could benifit me more.
    • Posted

What did your bp run before the propranolol and now when you take it? Mine just happens also.
    • Posted

Mine runs pretty high but they haven't done anything for it. it's like 140/80

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.