Can no longer sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

On day 4 of basically no sleep, if I do fall "asleep" it's for 2 seconds before I wake up and my body starts vibrating for no reason and my heart starts racing, anyone else had this? It's really taking over my life...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like your anxiety is over the top right now.I have this happen when im extremely stressed although i have never had that much trouble with getting at least some sleep.Are you consumed with anxiety over one or more situations you feel you arent in control of? .If so,I guess the best thing would be if you take some steps no matter how small to try and deal with those issues.
  • Posted

I've had that before and I honestly could not at the time find anyone who was going through or experienced that I freaking out because I thought there was something wrong with my brain.

When I had experienced this my stress levels were through the roof. And I live with the my parents so I had to sleep in their room because I was afraid something might happen to me in my sleep.

I'm not sure what advice to give you. I just suffered through the no sleep . When I told my grandparents what was happening my grandfather said that my over thinking before falling asleep so all that's forced me to wake up back. I did think in was thinking and stressing over a lot of things so I decided to start a journal. I wrote every night b4 bed and as the days went by on started to gain more and more sleep.

There are melatonin supplements available, a friend told me that she took them instead of sleeping pills and they worked within 20 mins, she was out and when she woke up she didn't feel groggy and she felt she had a full nights sleep.

• Posted

im on day 13 on anti depresspants was only getting 2 to 3 hrs of broken sleep after anxiety attack , only after waking but have stil got 5 hrs restful sleep so it is improving , going smoking a couple of cigarettes and should get a few more hrs  sleep before morning, i know how it feels not getting enough sleep its awful try talking to someone there must be something bothering you or go to doctor .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.