Can northisterone delay your normal cycle?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Back in January I took northisterone to delay my period for a weekend away. I took a period 2 days after stopping which last 5 days (my normal amount of days) I’m now on day 92 of no period since the one in January! I’m usually every 21 days so that’s 4 periods Iv missed!! I have the symptoms like moody, cramp, back pain and wanting to eat everything in sight of me but no period! I’m definitely not pregnant Iv checked multiple times and also have the copper IUD that has no hormone so should still take a period! Has anyone else ever been in this situation?? Started worrying as Iv been googling it and it’s coming up things like PCOS, I’m considering trying natural remedies to bring it on!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, my next period is late too after stopping the northisterone. Did you manage to get your period back? Thanks!

• Posted

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply! Did your period come? Mine never came so i ended up going to the doctors and they where saying it couldnt be the tablets and have diagnosed me with PCOS even thought i was fine before hand x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.