Can Rectal Prolapse rectopexy surgery cause lower back pain and pulling pain on BM?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am one week post operation for abdominal rectal prolapse surgery, using mesh, done using arthroscopic surgery.

I am having extremely bad lower back pain. Is this low back ache normal for recovery and, if so, how long will it last? I also feel like I can not bear down at all to have a bowel movement. If I try to use the bathroom and push even a little, it hurts so badly and feels like the stitches inside my body are pulling and it scares me to push at all.

Is all this normal for a week after this surgery? Much appreciate to all who reply.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would call your doctor as soon as possible. It could be a sign of infection. Don't mess around with this.

• Posted

Hello,

I saw your post and know it is a year ago, but I had Rectopexy resection and have had a year of on going pain like this...I was wondering if you ever found an answer to your issues...it has been very difficult and I am trying lots of therapies.  Thank you for any insight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.