Can somebody please help!! Gall bladder removed through key hole last friday !

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, Im totally new to this!! In need of some advice help.I didnt eat for in hospital. I didnt eat for a week in hospital then had key whole surgery.  I tried eating a no fat yoghurt on saturday and I have had diarrhea and the most awful stomach cramps since... Its taking over my life!!! I cant eat and tho doctor has said im dehydrated... Im getting a upset stomach and its empty. The stomach cramps make me want to cry its horrendous. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I tried really hard to eat very bland, liquidy foods, for at least two weeks after my surgery.  Broth, applesauce mashed potatoes, and nothing with dairy.  I made my mashed potatoes with chicken broth.  

If it continues, you can request a medicine called Questran.  In the US anyway.  

https://patient.info/medicine/colestyramine-sachets-questran

The surgeon told me that if started having the post removal dump syndrome or runs, that this medicatio would help me a LOT.  I haven't had to take it yet as I'm constipated.  rolleyes  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.