can someone help me

Posted , 2 users are following.

i found a lump on the back of my thigh and im freaking out. i haven't got much sleep the past few days because i keep thinking about it. i have been to the doctor so many times (FOR DIFFERENT THINGS) and they tell me im fine eveytime i see them and make me feel silly. my insurance also isnt happy i keep going to the doctor.

The lump is firm, painless, the size of my hand, and not shrinking. you can see it a tiny bit but its under the skin. should i go see a doctor?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I suggest you have an ultrasound (u/s).

This may clarify what it is. Possibly it is a cyst (i.e. not cancer).

If so and you feel that it has been growing over time, you may want

it surgically removed in a hospital.

I had this exact procedure 10 yrs ago and it (was painless and slowly growing)

has not returned.

The u/s will also indicate if more imaging eg MRI is needed.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.