Can someone help me calm down

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was up and feeling semi ok and all of a sudden it felt funny in my chest no pain kinda like my throat and chest felt strange like I was going to not be able to breathe and it kinda felt like heaviness but not really,i keep trying to take deep breathes and its like I can't and I have adrenaline in my stomach and my throat and chest this is weird but feels kinda like a numb sensations in throat what is this I'm scared

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Don't be afraid to go to the doctor if you think you need. Otherwise, just drink lots of water and keep at it with the deep breaths, if it continues, I would definitely see a doctor. You need to find a way to calm down, whether you find a distraction or talk about it with someone. You're going to be okay though, good luck.

• Posted

When your hyperventilating , most of the time you don't realize it. It's not like in the movies , it can be. But mostly you don't realize it until you get weird sensations. I am sure you have seen people breathing into a bag for this.. But I am sure you don't want to be in public breathing into a bag! So cup both hands over your mouth and breath , just breath . You should feel better soon after this.

• Posted

Sorry Peets 😳Meant for Pamela 2016 👌??

• Posted

Excuse me Pamela2016 kind of slow this morning! I meant cup both hands over mouth and nose and breath👌👌👌👌

• Posted

You might be hyperventilating babe. Not to worry. I get it alot .. I feel like i have to yawn to get a breathe .. I suffer a racing heart as well x

• Posted

By now you probaly already have calmed down. I was going to tell you to go to your freeser and grab ice and hold it for a few minutes and place an ice chip under your tongue. That would have side tracked the adrenaline because the body itself is a mere machine and would have to race over to the temoerature change to regulate therby sidetracking the adreanline. Buying you a few minutes to deel belly breathe. You cant chest breathe during an anxiety attack your body is to hyped up. The belly breathing would stimulate the vagus nerve therby calming you down a bit. During this while process you must empty your mind of all thoughts completely. A  lot easier then you think by the way. You say for the next ten minutes im in a thought break because i have to be. Any feeling you feel that begin to scare you just say "change" all you say not stop nit omg just "change" cause thats what you need to do with this. It needs to vhange to reset normal. So that the response or reaction. Your not ignoring it or fighting it just say change.  This is by no means a time to feed the fear or start what ifing yourself. Thats just rewarding the danger signal your body already send out as valid and its not valid. Be very careful during panic attacks to reward them. Adding fear on them, what ifing, or wondering what you are "feeling" is a reward. They have to wash thru you its a ten minute physical cycle and you basically have to accept it. It is purely a cause and effect kind of experience.i promise you its almost impossible to logically stop it once it triggers...so surrender to it. The problem starts up when your thoughts start to intervene. You can make a huge mess otherwise and stregnthen an alreadt horrible patterned program in your mind. It would be like giving a chocolate bar to a toddle having a massive tantrum fit..do not reward this by fueling it. I hope that helps. Try and become very aware of your thought and feelings in regard to anxiety because if you can catch it at the very begining you can alter the outsime. Using breathing bellybio app or cbt or saying change then immediately doing a different activity. You have to get out of your own way here for this to become manageable.  Otherwise get really good at letting it wash iver you cause at that point its a chemical/hormonal reaction.

• Posted

Pamela ive been having a terrible time with health anxiety over past 3 months it's horrible loads of physical symptoms I need to go back to doctor today as my nail beds have changed colour ! Ive been to a&e multiple times had my heart checked its the worst feeling ive wento to cbt aswell have you been to doctor about it ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.