Can someone help me please!!! My vision makes me scared!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm suffer from severe health anxiety, panic attacks and phobia and few weeks ago I have got new symptom which make me super scary!

From sudden my vision goes very disordered and confused! Like I got blind for a split second (but actually I didn't) I feel like I can't recognize what I see, like I'm frozen and out of reality, like my mind stop working! It's very scary!!! and then my body is hit with huge wave of fear!!! My stomach is in very bad electric like spasm or spike! It feels like I got electric shock into my stomach and from it, hot waves are spreaded into whole my body! It takes only few seconds!!!!

Or sometimes I have this weird vision attacks separately! Especially during my anxiety episode...

Please, have you ever experience something like this?? Can it be fight or fly response?? My anxiety is really bad, please help!!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Juffy I also suffer from severe anxiety and it sounds to me like you are experiencing depersonalisation and derealisation. I have had this 3 times in my life and I am going through it again right now. Its such a horrible part of anxiety and panic disorder. My eyes also get affected with my anxiety. Sometimes they are blurry and other times they just feel odd like not blurry but just that I cant see things clearly. The more you fear what is happening to you the worse it will get but it is temporary. I have recovered the last 2 times I had it and I am hopeful I will this time too. If you havent already I suggest you go see a psychologist. They can help you and reassure you that your not going crazy like I used to think.

• Posted

Rydia did your episodes happen around early 2006, early 2015 and quite recently last year also early that year, or perhaps a few months later?

• Posted

My anxiety started when I was 14 and has been with me ever since. The derealisation and depersonalisation episodes happened then and I recovered from that but still had anxiety symptoms then it came back after the birth of my son and now it's back again. I actually think these episodes are hormone related so I am going to try taking some herbs to see if that helps.

• Posted

I wish I was 14 then. No I was 14 in 80's. There wasnt much help for severe anxiety then and I never really went to see anyone I just put up with it until I had my first child.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a struggle for sure. It does help living as healthy as possible, though. Many people suffer from a vitamin D3 and B12 deficiency and add that to the already existing symptoms, it can get pretty scary and debilitating. Sugar is also devastating for anxiety sufferers, especially the sodas and the pies, cakes and other pastries. Especially highly sensitive people can be affected severely, since they feel so much more. I recently forced my mother to start eating gluten-free food, since she has been complaining about headaches, fatigue and other symptoms for decades now.. Feeling powerless is not my game so I pushed her into trying it for a few days, and guess what.. she has an intolerance for gluten. The next couple of days following the diet she became less tired, reduced headaches, had plenty of energy and felt more clearheaded. Halleluja.. It can often be multiple things at once, and it all seems so overwhelming then that you do not know where to start.

I do suggest that if you do not get much sunlight, you should supplement D3. Maybe you already are, but B12 or a B-complex can also be beneficial for you health. Many people feel as if they are not worth it, trying to take care of themselves, and just stay the way they are, but when you feel energetic and back in the saddle of life, then try to think that way again, I am sure you won't feel that strongly any longer.

I've been on a long journey myself, finding out what was wrong with me, and now I'm trying to live as healthy as possible while learning how to cope in this mad world. I do have a lot less "bad" days, and more stable ones.

• Posted

rydia, what kind of herbs help? my anxiety is hormone related too. during my periods, my anxiety is terrible!

• Posted

Thank you guys!

I had been suffering from anxiety and health anxiety since my childhood! But last three months I have very severe health anxiety which starts from my first panic attack...I have too many physical symptoms, also derealisation and depersonalisation, but this symptom makes me really worry and scared!!! I'm scared that it is epilepsy or stroke...

I had done CT, EEG, many blood tests, but all of it is normal!!!

I think it can be adrenalin rush or something like that, but I can't find any info about it...I'm very scared!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.