Can someone please describe the chest pain they experience with anxiety?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone. I was hoping someone could describe the pain that they experience in their chest. Most of the discussions I've read describe it similar to something sitting on their chest. This isn't my experience, however. My pain feels like a tension/cramp and even burning.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha.I have been getting constant chest pain all day today. Although the pain isn't extremely intense, it is quite obvious almost like a nerve wave accross my chest and slightly stabbing and tensing briefly but releasing for a few seconds until the next one. I don't get breathless with it and i'm just trying to pass it off as a muscle spasm or plain anxious. Don't know if this is helpful at all.
  • Posted

Short stabbing pains in heart.

It happens for alp day sonetimes. 

It panics me even more. sad 

Anyone else who experiences it like me? 

• Posted

I also have a strange tighness, sometimes intense and i get the feeling i am going to faint. It aches almost all day, it pinches, it burns. All investigations are ok, but still scared to hell its a serious disease. I also have digestive perturbations and other anxiety like symptoms but the heart scares me the most sad, even if they say it's "generalized anxiety disorder".
  • Posted

Hi, I listen to Doctor OZ on TV everyday. He's been on TV for a few years and on the Ophra show.He has a large following. 2 days ago, he talked about the difference in pain and other aspects of both heart attack and anxiety.If you go his web site doctoroz dot com you may be able to see a replay of the episode, If there's not one on his site yet, sent the web site a message and ask them where to find that info. You can also search his site and maybe you'll find that info right away. Give it try. From what I've read many times on this web site, many people are worried they are having a heart attack, when in reality it's anxiety. So it's good to know the differences.  
    • Posted

Apparently 80% of people who go to A+E with chest pain are suffering from stress or anxiety.  My son is a cardiac nurse.  Hope this reassures you a bt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.