Can someone please read this post

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 17 year old boy who is out looking for jobs. I don't real weigh that much but I am a tall and fairly skinny. I'm not really happy ad out it to be honest.

I don't know if I'm disconnected or what. When I was younger I was a little shy but talkative. I was always downstairs with the family and seen by them, quite a bit.

I'm really short mooded and most of the time I don't really care much about anything. I don't often smile. If I bought something that I knew I wanted then for some reason I won't smile. I don't really know why.

But Since puberty I started going in my room to try and feel comfortable which worked in a way but I started staying more and more in my room. In my teens it was like a routine. I went downstairs for food and back up in my room.

I'm really opinionated and my dad says I'm pretty negative which I couldn't care less about. I feel that I shouldn't care what other people think but again for some unknown reason I do. I get really annoyed and agitated quite easily, especially with my dad but I don't know why.

When I left school I chose to go to college and do a subject. In the mornings to college I would begin gagging / straying to throw up (I've never liked being sick) it kept on happening until my attendance begun to really decrease so they done something which might help me. ( i thought it would too but no such luck. They temporary suspended my course. )

I started applying to part time jobs but because I was always thinking in my mind ( I was always getting more and more anxious) when I get novice or anxious I will end up being sick. Not just once or twice but constant until I would walk the opposite direction. This has been going on for a year.

I really don't know if this is normal or whether it's healthy or not but I don't know what to do...

Can anyone offer some advice on what I should do.

-What it feels like when I start anxious :

First off my heart begins to been very quickly and then I will start gagging/being sick.

I've tried deep breaths but it doesn't work at all. It makes it worse. I don't know why I bother.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to the doctor? What did he say?

I'm on my early 20's, slim but with bloated stomach (lol) and lately I've been quite dettached to the people around me. I still go to work everyday but my smiles crept away to the point that other people say I should smile and my mom always tells me I'm negative too. I mean, what can I do if I really don't feel like smiling even if inside I am happy?

Anyway, I don't feel too sick but I have dizziness, bloating and sometimes nausea. But I'm diagnose with hypothyroidism and currently taking homeopathy.

I'm wondering with your care. Since you're starting to feel sick, I think you should need to meet a doctor for further clarity on your case.

• Posted

Hi Pinku, did you read my last reply to you on the other forum site?
    • Posted

Hello Cia, I have... was it about the water? I saved to my phone your reply to my private message. I will have to contemplate and read it well. Thank you smile

• Posted

Are you following your Dr.'s orders with the anxiety and depression??

If the medicine he prescribed isn't helping maybe you should see if they can prescribe something different that will help you .

I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

They tried getting me to talk to some counsellors which I know wouldn't help. In also not talking any medicine.

• Posted

Tommy, you ask for help, go to the doctor, then don't take the advice or medication. We can cheer you on and encourage you, but we cannot act for you. Only you can decide if you are going to take the help offered. Only you can take your life back.

I was a counsellor for many years, and helped a lot of people. The only ones I could not help...ever...were the one's who would take no advice. They actually seemed to enjoy telling their story over and over.

Everyone in this forum has to some degree been, or still is, exactly where you are now. For most of us, including me, the first step was a visit to a doctor so we knew what we were dealing with. The second step is to take medications suggested to get to some kind of calmness. Then we are centered enough to see how we can help ourselves take our lives back.

I feel that my doctor and meds saved my sanity. then coming here and getting good advice and suggestions,  i learned about anxiety and how to live a life with it. I wish you all the very best, and that you make some good decisions for yourself.

I am reminded that you are also in the midst of the most confusing, hormone driven stage of your life right now. That in itself is tough to deal with. A big hug to you, Tommy.

• Posted

Hello Tommy.

It is often common for anxiety to bring on nausia.

And it's an absolutely horrible feeling, especially when you don't like/fear being physically sick.

Have you had any therapy at all? I only ask this as I have extream fears/phobias of being physically ill in any way shape or form which is related to my anxiety.

I don't have much advice to offer but when I was in your situation I went to my GP and got given anti sickness tablets for it. In the long run it won't cure it as it is most probably a symptom of and how your body reacts to your anxiousness. But it can help bring the nauseating feeling down a tad.

A few things I can throw off the top of my head is maybe try and fight the feeling by telling yourself repeatedly that you aren't going to be sick when you know you are going to be in a situation where you would normally find that is the case. Try to focus on something other than your fear of being sick, I don't know if you've heard of cognitive behavioural therapy but it is a therapy that helps us learn, understand and change our thoughts which lead to certain behaviours. For example (situation) going for an interview, (feelings) when you're anxious you automatically feel or think you are going to feel or be physically sick ( which then leads to the behaviour in the cycle which is the actual throwing up part.) cbt helps to retrain the brain to reset the cycle so you don't associate the situation with those feelings which lead to those actions.

It may not be no help for you but it helped a lot for me in my teens.

I hope you can get past this. Goodluck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.