Can someone talk

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm drinking wine and cutting myself. My boyfriends in bed. I think he wants to break up with me. I'm pushing him away because I don't believe he loves or wants me so now he thinks I don't love him. I love him more than anything I'm just in so much pain 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Please resist the urge to cut yourself. I know that's hard but you are not at fault and I know what you mean about pushing people away. I did that and ended up losing my job. And it's taken me eighteen months to recover and fund a new job. You need to be honest with some one and seek help from professionals you won't always feel like this I know I have got better x there are people who care and I know that's hard to accept too x 
  • Posted

Hey hun, please stop cutting yourself.. your boyfriend does not want to break up with you, if he knew you were doing this he would be so worried. I know from experience as I've been there too. You are making yourself believe he doesn't want you because your depression is making you think you are not good enough. This is false and one of the bad symtoms - it makes you want to sabbotage your life. Clean yourself up go lay with your boyfriend. Tomorrow is a new day and you will feel so much better after a good nights sleep.

Hope this helps xx

• Posted

I'm getting help I've been seen by the GP for about 12 weeks and on ADs and am no better. I have intrusive thoughts a lot mainly about my boyfriend not loving me or whatever and I'm so exhausted from trying to fight them off all the time. Thank you both for replying it means a lot x
    • Posted

I know about the cutting, it feels like a release but in the long run it doesn't help. What ADs are you on? Have you ever thought about therapy? I begin my first session next week - I've heard good things about CBT therapy.

Your boyfriend wouldn't be there if he didn't love you. I have the same thoughts with my boyfriend, keep telling yourself its the depression making you think like that and ask him to be patient with you if you're having a bad day. Things will get better X

• Posted

If you would like to talk how you feel with someone who will not tell you not to cut your self thinking that will help you,They don;t have a clue what it is like when you think you are losing some one you love and whatever you do they never see the love you give,
  • Posted

Hey love, I know alot of people say they understand and theyll say to stop cutting like its something that is easy done as it is said. I would like to beieve that you're boyfriend wouldnt want pain upon you. You obviously have a big heart and you dont want to loose this guy but never loose yourself trying to love someone. I know exactly what it is like to think that youre boyfriend doesnt care or love you due to a certain way hes acting. But remember that if your boyfriend didnt want to be with you and didnt love you, he wouldnt be with you. Yes its hard to just wipe youre pain and hurt off of your shoulder but theres so many people out there that will reach out there hand for you and talk to you. Next time you think about cutting or are about to, picture youre boyfriend seeing you hurt yourself over him. Im here for you anytime of the day, just message me and you can pour your heart out, ill listen. For youre own sake please dont hurt yourself more than youre hurting now. <3>
  • Posted

I'm on Mirtazapine 30mg. My boyfriend saw my cuts and was upset by them. He's gone out to the gym, he was out last night at the pub and he's going to the other end of the country tomorrow for a night out with his friends. We were supposed to be going to the cinema tomorrow but he cancelled so he can go on his night out. I feel so unwanted. And he just says "I don't have a curfew I'm an adult". I told him I wouldn't cut myself anymore but I'm probably going to have a drink even though it makes my medication ineffective. I need to hurt in some way. 
    • Posted

I'm not surprised he was upset, he obviously loves you. While he is out with his friends, are you able you spend time with your friends? That way you don't have to be alone with your thoughts. You'll push him away if you try and tell him how he spends his spare time.. I mean as long he is making enough time for you too! If he wants a night out with the lads rather than you that doesn't mean he doesn't want or love you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.